a little vent....patience is not my thing

longjourney23
on 7/20/11 8:41 am
good evening everyone, i don't post much but love reading everyone elses :)
my little vent today is that i thought i would have heard something from TWH to meet with a surgeon by now. I had my surgery info class and my physio appt in Windsor, the 3rd week of june and have not heard from them yet :( so what do i do? i called LOL
the person i spoke with said that my name is on her list but her supervisor that takes care of the windsor patients is on vacation until Aug 2nd....i know this is only a few weeks but it's been such a long journey and patience is not my thing :( i know everyone has to wait their turn, but like i said, i thought i would have heard from them by now with an appt to at least meet a surgeon....oh well......
thanks for listening, well, reading :) and i do feel better now :)

have a great night and everyone....please make sure to stay cool!!!!!!! especially tomorrow
northernlight
on 7/20/11 11:17 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi LJ

I think that the closer we get to being through with all of our appointments, the more impatient we become. I think it's because we have come so far and waited so long and now, it's almost within reach. We just want that final step of meeting with the surgeon and getting our date.  All I can say is to take this time to go over your checklist, making sure you have the supplies you'll need after surgery and just keep telling yourself that you're almost there. Just think how long you'd have to wait if you were just starting your journey now! Good luck - Aug 2 is almost here & hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Deb

Eileen C.
on 7/20/11 11:32 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi Longjourney 

I understand how you feel that the next couple of weeks will seem very long for you, but when you do

get a surgery date, you will feel like the time is just flying by LOL

Make sure that you tell them that you would like to be put on a cancellation list, that may speed up the

wait time for you.  Not everyone has the ablity to be on a cancellation list as they have to make plans

far enough ahead that they need a lot of notice before hand, but if you can make plans for appts on

the fly then you will benefit on the cancellation list, just a thought

Take care and post anytime, we are here for you

Eileen 

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Monica M.
on 7/20/11 10:54 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
what you're feeling is so normal. You've made the decision to do this, done some appts and now you're like "let's get this show on the road!!!!"

once you get your surgery date, time will freaking fly!!

Try to be patient, use this time to prepare yourself, and your family.

Most Active
Recent Topics