aug 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longjourney23
on 8/8/11 8:57 am
hey all!!!
so, i went to meet the surgeon, Dr. Okrainec, on friday....you all were right, he is awesome!! and the scheduling nurse is the bomb!! she gave me a dat of AUG 19th, with pre-admit for Aug 15th :) i start my optifast tomorrow, when purolator decides to finally deliver it.
now the hard part, i am actually camping for the week with the fam and i have a feeling i'll be spending a lot of time in the trailer while they eat their meals....but i'm ok with that cause i'm gonna be healthier and look hot by next summer :)

thanks all for the support :)
Susanne S.
on 8/8/11 9:26 am - London, Canada
YAY exciting!!! Congrats on your date.

Typoqueen
on 8/8/11 9:30 am
Congrats on your getting your date.
How very exciting!!

Kelly

JJ_
on 8/8/11 12:02 pm
I am sure you will do fine with drinking your Optifast while everyone eats.  Personally, what would bother me, is if they wanted me to PREPARE their food and I couldn't eat it  LOL

Good luck!
longjourney23
on 8/8/11 12:09 pm
Thanks all!!! I'm so excited!!!!
i already told them i will not be participating in prepping meals LOL they are all aware of this LOL
Megan M.
on 8/8/11 1:42 pm - Canada
You're probably going to find that it doesn't bother you as much as you might think to have your liquid meal alongside your family.  I found the opti quite filling, especially if I crushed ice into it.  And after the third day, I really wasn't hungry - the sight of food didn't bother me, but sometimes the smells had my mouth twitching a bit.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

NurseTammy
on 8/8/11 2:47 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Good Attitude!  I kinda went into hiding during optifast.  We have to book our vacation in November for the next year, and I chose the week of the 12th, which just happened to be the week before my surgery.  I had a very hard time on Optifast, and was pretty miserable.  I was not of the lucky ones to have enjoyed any of it. 
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics