1/2 way thru Optifast

Becky D.
on 8/11/11 12:33 pm - North Bay, Canada
Getting ready for our days in Toronto ... surgery is a week away - *giddy butterflies*

I am about 12 - 14 lbs down on the Optifast ... I hope that is a good pre-surgery amount ???
I know it is considering the span of time and stuff, but wonder if I am supposed to be aiming toward a distinct amount lost ??? 
Little late to ask now lol but I thought you may have some opinions ...

Thanks
Bec

Referral Spring/10 ~ Questionnaire Dec 27/10 ~ HRRH Info Session Jan 31/11 ~       Surgeon mtg/Gastric Class April 29/11 ~ Dietician/Social Worker May 30/11 ~
Dr. STARR meeting May 31/11
 ~ INTERNIST JULY 18 / PATTS JULY 19 ~ 
SURGERY AUGUST 19, 2011         My ANGEL is Karen M  

Sher1ock
on 8/11/11 12:43 pm - Canada
Don't worry about an amount of weight to lose. Remember that Optifast is about shrinking your liver. Weight loss is part of that process, but not the primary purpose. That being said, 12-14 pounds in two weeks is amazing.

Becky D.
on 8/11/11 1:14 pm - North Bay, Canada
Thanks for the feedback - I am feeling OK and the weight is going down steady, so I will just keep doing what I am doing.
Appreciate your encouragement, Becky
Referral Spring/10 ~ Questionnaire Dec 27/10 ~ HRRH Info Session Jan 31/11 ~       Surgeon mtg/Gastric Class April 29/11 ~ Dietician/Social Worker May 30/11 ~

jcasb5
on 8/11/11 1:15 pm
You are doing great! Shrink that liver - weight loss is added bonus!

Best of luck on S-Day... You'll do fine!

You will be scared, and unsure, and full of doubt and emotions. Try not to think about the day, but the long term process and the long term goals. Surgery day ( or days ), will soon be a distant memory.

I'm 4 weeks out, feeling great, and adjusting to life on the bench. It's a real journey! I'm down 60 pounds since starting optifast. I can see bones in my ankles, can walk up stairs handsfree and dumped my sleep apnea machine!! Enjoy the ride!

You are doing great, and in for a real treat. Look after you, this is YOUR time!!!
Becky D.
on 8/11/11 1:23 pm - North Bay, Canada
I will keep all that good stuff in mind !
I am kinda loving looking after me lol and it REALLY does feel like this is my time ... I like the way you put it.  I think I will keep that to lol
Congrats on your successes - looking forward to doing the same ! 
So long "snorkel" (as my hubby calls my apnea machine lol)
Thanks for the encouragement - it helps alot !

Enjoy those little details and successes ... they are precious and I predict those moments will help us 'hang on' in the more difficult moments !  Admiring some ankle bone might keep us on the straight and narrow :)

Keep up the good work !

Derek C.
on 8/11/11 8:36 pm - North Bay , Canada
Your doing awesome Becky - glad to see your blazing the trail for me on the 22nd - I too am down around 20 lbs with 10 days left to go .  Have you done your PAATS yet - i have to go on Tuesday - starts at 7:00 AM YUCK !!!!  The back down sunday night for monday morning (aug 22nd) 8 am surgery .  Keep smiling your doing awesome !!!!!!

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 9:06 pm - Canada
your doing a great job just keep it up and i only have three days left on optifast...i was on it for 21 days.....but i like it alot......my surgery is on monday......good luck in your journey.....speedy recovery....