How much does the loose skin actually weigh?

sueberman
on 8/25/11 1:19 am
After losing so much weight, I'm looking at this loose skin wondering how much it would actually weigh if I could weigh it?  The skin on my arms (the bat wings) has tightened up quite a bit from swimming but holy macaroni.  And the belly - i just can't imagine what that would weigh.  At my age it won't tighten up like someone even 10 years younger than me and I accept that.  But when I think about a realistic weight goal, my mind turns to how much this loose skin weighs.  Anyone know or wanna guess?
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Mariann M.
on 8/25/11 1:22 am - Washago , Canada
I know there have been people who have had it removed and it varies, but most are between 12 to 20lbs that I have herd.
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 1:23 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
All the skin on our body only weighs about 20 lbs total.  Often when we lose a lot of weight, we are left with sagging skin that also contains some fat deposits.  I had 17 lbs of junk removed from my stomach area when I had my TT, but it wasn't all skin, it was skin, some fat deposits, some fluids, etc.
sueberman
on 8/25/11 1:26 am
So am I being realistic when thinking about my true goal before PS to essentially factor in the weight of all the leftover fat and excess skin? 
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 1:28 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
My PS told me to get to my ideal weight before surgery and not to factor anything in.  I really didn't lose any extra weight even though I had that much removed.  Once you heal and things get back to normal, I was still within 2 lbs of where I started.
sueberman
on 8/25/11 1:38 am
Then I'm gonna leave my goal alone - I was never given one by the surgeon or dietician.  Thanks
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

gwendal
on 8/25/11 9:29 pm - Canada
 I had my TT 2 months ago, never asked how much skin was removed but the scale only shows a 2lbs wait difference.

Your Life is Powered by you!!  (Les Brown)        
Liv2ride63
on 8/25/11 1:38 am - tweed, Canada
does ohip pay for a TT? and the removal of skin
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 1:46 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
OHIP won't pay for a TT but they sometimes pay for a panniculectomy, which is the removal of skin below the belly button only.
Liv2ride63
on 8/25/11 1:58 am - tweed, Canada
i would settle for a panni ,,after having 2 c sections and weight gain i would love for them to take my hanging tummy
Most Active
Recent Topics