Moving forward (referral to Montreal)

Jeff Z.
on 8/27/11 8:40 am - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
Sometime on Monday the paperwork for a referral to Dr. Gagner in Montreal will be sent.  A form requiring my signature was faxed to me Friday afternoon.

I'm not sure what sort of timeline there will be from when the referral is made to when surgery happens, but I'm hoping it'll be before the new year.  

Jennifer D. has provided me with some answers to questions I had regarding the process with Dr. Gagner (e.g seeing him prior to booking surgery, etc.).  

Next I'll have to try and convince one of my parents to come with me when the surgery does happen.  You'd figure one of them would want to come as it would sort of be a mini-vacation for them (in my mind).  I felt sort of guilty the last time around as my mom had to bus it in an unfamiliar city and then sit in my hospital room all day while I laid in bed or was being tortured by the OT's (okay, it wasn't THAT bad!).  

Jen did mention something to me that put me ease regarding my concerns of my stomach being touched again so that is less of a concern for me.

Thus far the referral has gone much quicker than I had anticipated.  I figured it would be a couple weeks before it was even made, but it was only a couple of days.

At any rate just keeping everyone updated.

HW: 750  ConsultW: 735  SW: 701  CW: 395  GW: 235 
App: January 2009  re-App: March 2009... OHIP suspends DS, works on proposal with Cleveland Clinic  Surgery: October 8th 2009  (8 month process)
Revision to DS on June 5th, 2012.

Cheryl D.
on 8/27/11 9:09 am - Toronto, Canada
Jeff that's wonderful you got the referral so quickly.  Hopefully the rest of the process will go smoothly for you.  Wishing you all the best,

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

missingmanny
on 8/27/11 11:38 am - Canada
 Wishing you the very very best, Jeff...It's been a long haul for you...

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

PatXYZ
on 8/27/11 11:43 am
Congrats! This is great to hear!
merly6800
on 8/27/11 9:58 pm - Canada
That's fantastic Jeff!  I'm amazed how quickly it's moving now.   Hopefully, you will have the surgery before the end of the year. 
sam1am
on 8/27/11 11:57 pm
 Wonderful!  I'm so glad to see it's moving along for you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics