I'm HOME, and THanks for the encouraging messages !

Becky D.
on 8/30/11 10:42 am - North Bay, Canada

I got home from HRRH on Sunday, and am settling into the routine here ... so nice to be back from the hospital and hotel !

I am pretty tired, fatigue easily ... but otherwise JUST fine ! 
Everything seems to have gone just "perfectly" ... and for that I am very thankful.

I appreciated all the msgs I got when my Angel posted that surgery had gone well ... it was so nice to see that other people were pulling for me as I came around in the hospital.

Friday I move into Phase 3 of the eating plan ... and frankly soda crackers are sounding like 'turkey dinner' at this point lol   I am looking forward to a little more variety is all I mean ... change is good ;)

I can't tell you how many times I thought about the info or the people I have gotten to feel familiar with on this site in the last week and a half - this has made the entire journey more positive and I say MANY thank you's to everyone sharing and supporting on this site -

... just so thankful for it all ...

Referral Spring/10 ~ Questionnaire Dec 27/10 ~ HRRH Info Session Jan 31/11 ~       Surgeon mtg/Gastric Class April 29/11 ~ Dietician/Social Worker May 30/11 ~
Dr. STARR meeting May 31/11
 ~ INTERNIST JULY 18 / PATTS JULY 19 ~ 
SURGERY AUGUST 19, 2011         My ANGEL is Karen M  

Monica M.
on 8/30/11 11:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
good to see that you're home, Becky!! looking forward to hearing about your 'turkey dinner' lol

pinkjellybean
on 8/30/11 12:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Congrats on your surgery!  It's great to know you are doing so fantastic!!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

sam1am
on 8/30/11 12:38 pm
 Welcome home and welcome to the bench, Becky!  Looking forward to hearing all your wows!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Moselle
on 8/30/11 1:04 pm - Athens, Canada
Really glad to hear that you are doing so well. I wish you much success on your journey.
Derek C.
on 8/30/11 9:32 pm - North Bay , Canada
 welcome home becky....cya on the walking trails

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Nathalie_Can
on 8/30/11 11:12 pm
awwww, very cool that you are feeling so great after such a short tim after surgery.

I envy you, you'll be able to take walks along the shore of Ni******g, I am from a little town on the Quebec side next to North Bay so grew up in North Bay and love/miss it.

I hope Phase 3 goes smoothly and I'll meet you on the bench in 2 weeks...lol

and I agree with you, this site is amazing at boosting our morale!

Have a good Wednesday!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~