i'm worried!!

longjourney23
on 9/6/11 12:19 pm
hey all,
I'm just hoping someone can calm my brain! I had surgery Aug 19th....had pureed foods last week...couldn't handle just fluid anymore...but my pouch is allowing me to eat soft foods already....i have had no reaction to any kind of food and i'm worried!
Today i felt like i was hungry (i think it may have been stress over this issue) but i didn't stray from my measurements.
Why is everything going so well? I had a dream that my pouch was not as small as it is supposed to be and that i didn't lose as much weight as i should because of this :(
Any advice?

Thanks all!!
Manda M.
on 9/6/11 12:24 pm
On September 6, 2011 at 7:19 PM Pacific Time, longjourney23 wrote:
hey all,
I'm just hoping someone can calm my brain! I had surgery Aug 19th....had pureed foods last week...couldn't handle just fluid anymore...but my pouch is allowing me to eat soft foods already....i have had no reaction to any kind of food and i'm worried!
Today i felt like i was hungry (i think it may have been stress over this issue) but i didn't stray from my measurements.
Why is everything going so well? I had a dream that my pouch was not as small as it is supposed to be and that i didn't lose as much weight as i should because of this :(
Any advice?

Thanks all!!
"Why is everything going so well?"

Are you really complaining that everything is running perfectly??

Just relax, breathe and think about it. You could be in a lot worse shape! Everything is just fine you are just getting yourself worked up for nothing..
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Jennifer D.
on 9/6/11 12:28 pm
It's essential to stay positive. We hear about so many complications that it's hard to believe that most surgeries progress free from trouble. Don't think yourself into it!!! Keep doing well.
Linda C.
on 9/6/11 12:35 pm
Stick to the schedule, and watch your amounts.  Make sure you are getting your protein and liquids.  I had my surgery on Aug 18th, and I have had no problem with any of the foods I have had.  I'm counting my blessings and feel very lucky to have had no issues. 

I think it takes a while for your pouch to heal and start feeling some of the sensations.

Relax... you are doing fine. 

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

sam1am
on 9/6/11 12:40 pm
As long as you are measuring and eating within your limits you should be fine.  I know that I didn't get that full sensation until I was almost 3 weeks out, when the nerves started healing.

Glad you're doing so well!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

bogie
on 9/6/11 1:13 pm - Canada
You may just be a fast healer. I think I am the same and we are very fortunate. I am actually 10 days after you and I too have no problems tolerating anything so far. I actually believe that I am feeling true hunger feeling although so much milder than before. I know I could easily progress to pureed or even soft and probably be just fine but i am really trying to stick to the schedule even though I think my body is ready for more. Even though you can try not to rush things. Thats what I am doing. Measuring and recording and staying in the limits is very importanmt at this stage of the game and of course later on too. Just count your blessings but don't run ahead.
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

Sher1ock
on 9/6/11 1:47 pm - Canada
 I also had no problems and tolerated everything I tried well - even BBQed steak.  You will be fine.  As others have said, measure your quantities and remember that your nerves are not healed yet, so things may change down the road.   Relax, enjoy and put your energy into living your new life!  Congrats.

Monica M.
on 9/6/11 1:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i sometimes wonder the same thing. I have had zero complications, no dumping. I have tolerated every stage of food, and every food without any complications at all.

I sometimes wonder if they just poked four wee holes in my tummy and left my insides alone, like i'm part of some double blind experiment.

bogie
on 9/6/11 2:21 pm - Canada
Thats quite the placebo affect Monica...losing almost 110 lbs LOL
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

Monica M.
on 9/6/11 9:07 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol i know, eh, Bogie?? if this is placebo effect, i'm taking it. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics