will it ever be enough:( or how I felt fat again

coconut01
on 9/13/11 10:09 pm - Canada
So I knew going into this I would never be the skinny size 6, ever, i just have that bone structure that an 8 would be great for me.  I just wanted to feel good and be able to do what I couldn't before.  And you know what I do feel great and can do so much that I couldn't do before.

One of the things I was always wanting to do before the surgery was get a super cute halloween costume, you know one from the store.  Well this was my year I thought, I am just about 4 pounds above my goal, no big deal to me, I feel really great.  My son loves super mario so he is goign to be Luigi again this year and I talked Dh into getting a Mario costume.  So I was all set to get the princess costume to match and I was so excited. Lame I know but it was one of those bucket list things for me.

Well long story short, I went to try on the thing and the lady could not even do up the back of the size large:(  I was so upset, knowing how far I had come but knowing that I was never going to be able to fit.  Sigh it really upset me.

So on the bright side,I feel amazing and my health is awsome!  On the bad side, I am still too big for some things.  Sigh.

Just wanted to share, I read with you all everyday, work does not allow me to post like I want, but I am here all and I wanted to say hi:) 
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

mom4life
on 9/13/11 10:13 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Sue,

All I can say is that if you are as tiny as you look in the pictures, and wearing a size 8...then their size large is totally messed!  Do not let that get you down, you have done awesome!!!

Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

joanne_1970
on 9/13/11 10:15 pm - Harriston, Canada
Ok well first thought that popped into my head was what the hell is wrong with those costumes, I mean come on your 128lbs and a L won't do up??  There is something seriously wrong with the company making those.

highlandbear
on 9/13/11 10:20 pm - Canada
If you are wearing a size 8 and a large did not fit than something is wrong. The costume size could have been mislabeled. I would go and look somewhere else. i am sure you could find what you want. You are tiny.
Karen M.
on 9/13/11 10:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Well.  Clearly that costume was mis-sized. Seriously.

I know that feeling of disappointment too, Sue. All I ever wanted were sexy high boots - you think I can fit my calves into those, even NOW?  Mostly nope. :(  Be proud of how far you've come - you're 128 freakin' pounds for gawd sakes!  I think you're awesome. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mom2brats
on 9/13/11 10:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Crazy thought here but is it possible thatthey may have given you a kids large by accident??? Seriously bad sizing if you wear and 8 and a large didn't fit.!! You loook AMAZING!!!

liza ..
on 9/13/11 11:05 pm - Canada
Agreed! It was the first thing I thought when she said it didn't fit!
flyingwoman
on 9/13/11 10:56 pm
Man that sucks!

Maybe it's just a sign... you put so much energy effort and dedication in the last year and a half into saving yourself that your body now refuses to be dressed up in an iconic save-me-princess dress?
Monica M.
on 9/13/11 11:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
NICE!!!!!! i love that!!!! the universe is talking to you!! i love it. Way to dig meaning out of it! honestly, i freaking love it.

NervousNelly57
on 9/14/11 8:47 am - Guelph, Canada
Brilliant take on it, Flyingwoman!

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics