bad habit

Joanne J.
on 9/20/11 11:26 pm, edited 9/20/11 11:34 pm - Canada
I dont know why i can eat just about anything and i dont throw up no pain no nauseous and i eat basically my old ways before surgery. I had kfc yesterday all of it and nothing happened i only try eating to see what i can tolerate and i can anything i cook i eat i dont want to gain the weight back but i feel its hard adapting to change my old eating ways i guess i wasn't fully prepared for change.. am still losing weight not sure for how long as i eat lot of fat just about anything i feel bad .
how comes i dont get no dumping syndrome? i even dont chew well, only good thing i do right is i dont eat and drink together i wait half hour but i take all my multi everyday. by the way am only 7 weeks out :(
any input?

Karen M.
on 9/20/11 11:29 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Well, I guess my question for you is why are you sabotaging your surgery? 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

tango123
on 9/20/11 11:33 pm
Be very careful. Your pouch is fresh and probably not healed completely. Half the battle is knowing what you are doing wrong and you know that already. Don't waste your tool.
You are not absorbing the nutrients you need by eating bad food. If you are not eating foods with high nutrient value you run the risk of getting malnourished. Many obese people are malnourished because they eat poorly. Try not to test yourself on foods you shouldn't eat, better to think you can't have it than to know you can!
Come on girl!!! Be strong and buckle down!!!
You can do it!
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 11:35 pm - Canada
Not everyone dumps. The % is pretty low - think it's like 30%.

I'd ask the same question as Karen. If you're slipping back to old habits the bariatric team is there to help you.

I know what it's like. Every single day I fight the craving for chips. Chips were my downfall before surgery & I don't want them to be my downfall post-surgery. I had a good talk with myself about it last night.
Monica M.
on 9/20/11 11:38 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i have the same question as Karen. Why are you choosing to sabotage your surgery? You were given a chance to change your life, and you are choosing to make the same choices that made you obese.

You will lose weight for a while, but if you continue to eat the wrong foods, do the wrong things and make the wrong choices, you will be obese again.

Testing limits like you are doing is a dangerous, dangerous road, Joanne.

Get back on track.

Joyce J.
on 9/20/11 11:38 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Joanne

My first question is WHY would you do that to yourself????????

You need to be speaking to the Dietician or your Surgeon.

Not everyone dumps so you can't use that to guide you

I think you need to go back and read this post you just typed and you can see all the things you shouldn't be doing.

Believe me I am not perfect, I have made some mistakes, but at 7 weeks, that is so early to be "testing the waters".

Some of these things will lead you to some serious problems later on.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, go to a support group meeting and talk to people, go and see your Surgeon or dietician

We all care about you here and want to help, but the first step has to be yours.

Sorry for sounding so har**** just scares me when people don't take this seriously.

Hugs,
Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Shiloh B.
on 9/21/11 8:12 am - Kitchener, Canada
VSG on 03/22/12
July 2nd, 2010 - Referral for WLS from family doctor, MARCH 22, 2012 - Surgery !

charm64
on 9/20/11 11:41 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 My advice to you would be to not test the waters at all.  Only go by what your surgeon says you can eat.  The surgery is just a tool and we still have to work at this.  
If you start eating these things so early out you are not even getting the nutrients that your body needs and this could cause medical issues.
Try to erase that you can eat these things and don't try anymore foods you shouldn't be eating. Go back to basics!  
Dust your self off and start again.  You can do this!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Marny B.
on 9/20/11 11:54 pm - Canada
I very rarely dump and if I have it has been on a sugar free item with lots of sugar alcohols.  You are only 7 weeks out, and it will likely feel like you can eat way more than what your guidelines are.  The reason is that the nerves in your stomach have been cut and untill healed, will not give you the full feeling.  You HAVE to measure.  If you are eating a full KFC meal, you may not be aware of it physically, but you could be doing major damage to you r new pouch.  Talk to a counsellor right away.  Don't destroy this opportunity and possibly cause yourself serious harm.  YOU ARE WAY TOO IMPORTANT TO YOURSELF, YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND ALL OF US HERE ON O.H .TO F*%K THIS UP!  Believe in yourself enough to take this seriously, and get some help PRONTO!!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Joanne J.
on 9/21/11 12:05 am - Canada
I needed to hear anything good or bad i know what am doing is wrong and am going to get help i already got a tube inside me LORD WHAT AM I DOING -CRIES-

thanks for all the support it helps am going to write down what i eat and make changes.. you guys are right I CAN DO THIS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics