need party snack ideas

longjourney23
on 9/21/11 1:35 am
hey all....
so i'm hosting a purse party on monday and other than a fruit and veggie tray, i wanted to make some little snacks for everyone. i was hoping to make something that i can have as well and something i won't be tempted to eat.
Anyone want to share some of your favourites?

charm64
on 9/21/11 1:49 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Hey,

I got lentil chips and crackers at  Bulk Barn.  Took them to the Nut yesterday and she was excited.  They are low calories, have protein, low fat, and no sugar!

I put them with hummus and low fat cheeses.    Also another idea for the veggie tray.  Use Greek Yogurt and use the powdered veggie dip packages and mix it with the Greek yogurt.  You could put a low fat store bought option as well. 

Low fat crab dip with the lentil crackers as well.  

Think protein and low fat and low low sugar!   Thats the way I go.

Have fun!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

sam1am
on 9/21/11 2:40 am
A shrimp ring is great as is a cold cut and cheese tray! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 2:51 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Cheeseball is nice too, you can eat with veggies or crackers.  There is a section on the Ontario recipe forum for appetizers and holiday favourites.  If you click the link in my siggy line, you can join then click on discussion and check some out.  Not sure if you want all cold snacks or some hot ones, there are quite a few of both over there.
Megan M.
on 9/21/11 2:56 am - Canada
What about some little tidbits from the "eggface" website.  Loud raves on the board for that.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

KelliT
on 9/22/11 12:57 pm
try black bean brownies

Most Active
Recent Topics