on 9/25/11 5:20 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi

I wanted to know what we can take for cramps post op

Thanks
Allison

Eileen C.
on 9/25/11 5:26 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Allison 

Was told only tylonol (sp?) but certainly check with your surgeron's office, as always LOL

Hope all is well, and welcome to the bench

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
mrcracing
on 9/25/11 5:40 am - Cayuga, Canada
Hey Allison,

Since tylenol does nothing for me I get lenoltec #1 from the pharmacy. I have to ask for it as its not on the shelf because it had codeine in it. Its the only thing that I have found that works.
   Debbie 

A T.
on 9/25/11 5:53 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi

Does Shoppers carry it

JennR
on 9/25/11 6:05 am
Lenotec is the same as tylenol, that is just a generic brand. It is all the same acetaminophen. Lenotec #1 or Tylenol #1 has a small dose of codeine in it, they can sell it without a prescription. I'm pretty sure every pharmacy carries it, you just have to ask for it at the counter.

Karen W.
on 9/25/11 6:05 am - Canada
All pharmacies will have some type of acetaminophen (tylenol) mixed with codeine behind the counter.  If you choose to go this route, please have the pharmacist run codeine against your current medications for possible interactions.  I know that codeine cannot be taken in conjunction with wellbutrin, for example.  Also, it causes constipation in nearly everyone; ok, if it's for a day or two, but not so nice if you take it any longer than that.

Your family doc might have other ideas.  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

joanne_1970
on 9/25/11 6:11 am - Harriston, Canada
I have never heard that.  I have been on wellbutrin for years now and have had codeine many times prescribed and Doctor nor pharmacy has ever said anything.

PatXYZ
on 9/25/11 8:06 am
The interaction of Welbutrin and codeine (or any opioid) is dose dependent. If you take 450mg or less of Welbutrin a day, there is really no meaningful risk of combining it with codeine. But if you take more than 450mg a day of Welbutrin and combine it with an opioid your risk of seizures becomes very high (around 4% risk, medically that is considered pretty high). Always ask a pharmacist about risks and disclose all medications and supplements (even natural ones) you take when starting a new med.
KristieA
on 9/25/11 9:42 am - Orillia, Canada
You can get an acetamenophen version if Midol. I use the generic Rexall brand of PMS relief. Without it I would be in bed for three days. Hope this helps.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Most Active
Recent Topics