cheese sticks and meat sticks

sueberman
on 9/26/11 1:03 am
I stopped eating them way back cause they bothered me.  What kind does everyone eat?  I get the turkey bits for my hubby and I was looking at the pepperoni ones yesterday, but I don't think my tummy will like them.  I didn't have much time to look at the cheese sticks and there were so many different ones.  I'm having a hard time getting the liberte greek yogurt at our Superstore, it sells out so fast and the clerk told me they're trying to push the Presidents Choice, which I don't particularly like.  I saw a new brand - well new to me - called Oiko - has anyone tried it - I'm wondering about the taste?
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

jdance
on 9/26/11 1:09 am - Canada
I eat any of the cheese sticks, cheese strings, can't remember the make, the store brand is just as good. and as for meat sticks. The Pillers Turkey pepperettes are awesome.

Also i like the turkey kolbassa.

laura S.
on 9/26/11 1:12 am - London, Canada
I find the turkey sticks to be kind of greasy.  Not a huge fan, but then I wasn't a fan prior to surgery either, so not shocking!  LOL  I haven't been picky at all with the cheese though.  I love cheese strings.  Usually have one a day of those.    :)

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 1:17 am - Canada
I get the Armstrong cheese strings at Shoppers , they taste more like cheese to me.. not a fan of cheesestrings!

Monica M.
on 9/26/11 1:24 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i love the piller's turkey bites, but having a hard time finding them close to home.

As for cheese, i just buy cheese, cut it myself and put it in a zip loc baggie.. Not a fan of prepackaged cheese. I'm getting really good at estimating 30g of cheese. (i cut it then weigh it and i'm usually only 2 - 3 g wrong, either way)..

Mon

sueberman
on 9/26/11 1:54 am
I don't like processed cheese - I've been cutting up brick and taking it.  And hubby's not allowed any processed foods.  I'll get the turkey bites again and try them. 

Thanks everyone.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 9/26/11 2:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i detest processed cheese as well, i always buy the bricks. Just keep doing what you're doing with the cheese.

Manda M.
on 9/26/11 2:10 am
Want me to send you some from Windsor. I saw them last night when I was late night grocery shopping!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Monica M.
on 9/26/11 2:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

I've always picked some up when i go visit my kids, they live in Toronto, and i've found it there. I'll have to check out Barrie.

Thanks tho! lol

Manda M.
on 9/26/11 3:06 am
I saw them at Metro if that helps!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Most Active
Recent Topics