Hernia Repair

Mike Terry
on 10/26/11 8:50 am, edited 10/26/11 8:54 am - Staffa, Canada
   I maintained the weight the surgeon wanted me at, annual blood work came out really good, and I'm a green light to get my bowling ball stuffed back in where it is suppose to be after carrying it for 10 plus years. Leaving for Guelph tomorrow afternoon, spending the night, and having my operation first thing Friday morning.

Funny, in some ways I'm more nervous about this surgery than I was my WLS, maybe because I view this as more elective and my WLS as something as life saving. Anyways, I'm scared and anxious. Wish me luck.

Smiley_sandy
on 10/26/11 9:19 am - Belleville, Canada
Good luck! And wishing you a speedy recovery! Congrats on your success and maintaining. That's amazing
Brenda T.
on 10/26/11 9:24 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wishing you all the best. I'm sure you will be fine and it will feel great to have that fixed.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

PatXYZ
on 10/26/11 9:26 am
Good luck! My husband had an inguinal hernia repaired this August. He was surprised by how much pain he was in for about the first 5-7 days, so don't be afraid to ask for pain management and to just take it really easy. He had a bit of bruising that they didn't warn him about, but is totally normal, so if you get that, don't worry about it. He's doing great now and hasn't had any complications. You'll be fine!
AllaP
on 10/26/11 9:45 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Hi Mike,

Good luck, all the best. I'm sure you'll do as good as with your VSG.

Alla.
Karen W.
on 10/26/11 10:09 am - Canada
Speedy recovery, Mike!  You'll do great.

RNY April 11, 2011       

royses1066
on 10/26/11 10:12 am
Hey Mike, GOOD LUCK!
I Hope everything goes with with your surgery, I bet you'll feel so much better with it done.
It'll be an uneventful surgery & quick recovery for you I'm sure.
Roy

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 10:32 am - Canada
I had mine done in July, I ended up with 4 hernias and abdominal wall separation.. I came home with 33 staples and 2 drains! Urghh,,, but now I feel awesome and my baby Huey got all tucked in and my stomach looks fab! Best of luck to you!
northernlight
on 10/26/11 10:58 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Best of luck to you on Friday, Mike! I'm sure that it will be quick & uneventful and you will feel so good to get rid of that excess baggage finally!  Be sure and let us know how it goes for you! 

Deb

look_out_world
on 10/27/11 12:14 am - Canada
 Good Luck Mike!!!  My prayers and postive vibes are with you as you have your surgery.  Just think about how amazing you'll feel not having to carry that bowling ball around anymore!!!  Don't be too macho to ask for pain meds.  They really help get through the first few days.
Big hugggggles!

Most Active
Recent Topics