Advice needed - pain at 18 months post-op

Jennifer H.
on 10/30/11 7:10 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hey

Been a while since I've posted, so HEY Everyone! How're you doing?

Good. Me too.

I'm writing because I need some advice. The past few days my pouch has really ached after eating. I don't know why. It's very uncomfortable. Is it possibly food being stuck? Does that happen this far out from surgery? I've never had a problem with any food sticking before but Tuna Fish has been my lunch yesterday and today. Would the pain of that sticking last the rest of the day? I've never had a problem with Tuna Fish before, and I eat it fairly often. Mostly in salads tho, not so much on a wrap with mayo like I did yesterday and today.

I've had so many complications of course I'm fearing an ulcer or something terrible. I have a famiy doc app't on Wednesday and I'm going to ask him about it, but he doesn't have many bariatric patients so I'm not sure if he'll know what to do.

What do you guys think?
HW 441, SW 401, GW 200 B Positive. It's not just my blood type.        
CanDoItFour
on 10/30/11 8:42 am - Canada
Hi Jennifer

I'm 9 months out (almost) and the only time I have trouble is with fish that is too dry for my pouch to handle - in my case usually salmon.  Let's hope that's what it is, but I think it's good that you are going to the doctor on Wednesday.  Maybe try eating really "light" for the next couple of days to see if that helps, and try to make sure you get the water in too.  I find that really seems to make a difference for me.  Good luck!

Claire
Jennifer H.
on 10/30/11 9:34 am - Sudbury, Canada
Good advice. I have been eating very lightly since the pain is so uncomfortable. Yesterday it didn't go away all day and I went to bed with it, woke up painless, but it started again at lunch (and more Tuna Fish) but it's gone now and supper was fine.

I will increase my water. That sounds smart :)

thank you
Jennifer
Megan M.
on 10/30/11 9:14 am - Canada
If you can't get an answer from your doctor, might be a good idea to consider contacting your surgeon.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Jennifer H.
on 10/30/11 9:35 am - Sudbury, Canada
I will. It's probably time to see him again anyway. I haven't seen him since last October (he had to do a minor surgery to remove a large sutcher that wasn't healing and was continually infected).

Thank you!
sam1am
on 10/30/11 9:52 am
 Do you eat many wraps?  I would guess that, that is whats bothering you.  Many people can't handle anything bready.

Hope it goes away!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Jennifer H.
on 10/30/11 9:55 am - Sudbury, Canada
I haven't had a problem with bread/wraps *cough* ever. Except that I like it too much.

Could be tho. I mean, hey, I hear your body can change in a minute as to what it can tolerate.

Thanks!
HW 441, SW 401, GW 200 B Positive. It's not just my blood type.        
Most Active
Recent Topics