the waiting game...........

kattster
on 11/6/11 9:11 pm
Ohhhhhhhhh the anticipation!!!!!!

My file went to meeting at TWH last thursday, now I'm patiently playing "the waiting game,"(at least I'd like to tell myself so). I know it will be about 2-3 weeks before I get the call, but I just dont know if I can wait that long...the suspense kills!!! How are those of you who are at this point getting through this and those that are past this point survive through this suspensful wait???
Nadine W.
on 11/6/11 9:31 pm - Hanover, Canada
Don't know if this will make you feel any better but in Guelph there is an approximately 6 month wait between approvals and meeting the surgeon. So 2-3 weeks should fly by. You're almost there!!
Good luck!
Refer June 4/10, Orientation Dec 16/10, Nut, SW & Nurse Mar 16/11, Internist Apr. 19/11, Nut May 3/11, Nut Class Oct 5/11, Dr. Pereira-Hong Nov. 1/11, Surg Jan. 4/12, Cancellation! New surg date Nov. 10/11. The rest is still unwritten...

kattster
on 11/6/11 9:44 pm
Thanks for the post Nadine, that does help a bit! I guess its really just beacuse I requested a certain period of time in december when timing for surgery would be convenient, considering that I'm in school. I was told that that date is a possibility and that it would be brought up in meeting. I think thats where the impatients is stemming from.
Leslie W.
on 11/6/11 9:47 pm - Cobourg, Canada
I just called and bugged them. If your appointment was on last Monday then your file should have gone to rounds Thursday so I would give them a call at the end of this week if you havent heard anything. Ask to speak to Sharon a she is the one that makes the appointments with the surgeon. When they do call ask which site is doing the clinic that day. As this will determine where you have your surgery. If it is TWH docs doing the clinic you will leave with your date. If it is the other 2 sites then you will have to wait for the call from their office.

Good luck it will go by fast.

Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Toni B.
on 11/7/11 12:37 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Hey Leslie, thanks for the info! I never knew that!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Pam B.
on 11/6/11 10:16 pm
Don't worry the time will fly by, it did for me.  In fact everything moved a lot faster than I anticipated and was shocked when I found out my date.  Hang in there, I hope you get the time line you are looking for.
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
kattster
on 11/6/11 10:21 pm
Thanks for the post Leslie, I do hope it goes by fast. I will definitely call the by the end of the week if I dont hear anything. I made a requset at every appt during the process to have surgry around the 16th of december as I will have 3 weeks off of school and in that case wouldn't have to take to much time off. I am hoping it all works out, and I get a date that works....fingers crossed!
kattster
on 11/6/11 10:22 pm
Thanks Pam, me too....fingers crossed
Lil-Stinker
on 11/6/11 10:48 pm
It was hard - at first I was always checking the mail hoping for my letter of invitation for orientation - I had to eventually forget about it - now suddenly, I'm 5 months post op. Time has a way of moving forward  no matter what.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Manda M.
on 11/7/11 12:16 am
it took them 13 days and I was there 3 days later
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Most Active
Recent Topics