got the call.........

kattster
on 11/14/11 6:57 am
I received a call from TWH this afternoon advising me of my upcoming date with the surgeon (Dr. Jackson) on December the 2nd. I'm VERY excited, but feeling something close to disappointed at the same time. Around that point my chances of having surgery in december are a little slim (given that they are on their holiday vaca from Dec 21st-30th). I know I'll be on optifast for 2 weeks according to the info provided at the NUT class and will drive out to mississauga to get it instead of waiting for it to be delivered, but I still think thats cutting it close.....oh well, fingers crossed anyways
TBIYTC
on 11/14/11 7:14 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
You're close!!!  It sounds like this could be either a great Christmas present, or a fantastic start in the New Year.  Best of luck!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

pinkjellybean
on 11/14/11 7:27 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I believe they are performing surgeries as far up to December 21st but then they are closed up to and including the entire first week of January!

If you have your heart set on a December surgery it may be possible as I think some people have been cancelling or avoiding surgeries in December on purpose. 

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Toni B.
on 11/14/11 9:19 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Yep, I'm one of those people! I'm waiting for a January date.

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

TBIYTC
on 11/14/11 11:55 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I do have my heart set on a December surgery!!! It will be so hard if I don't get one.

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Monica M.
on 11/14/11 7:28 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it will happen when its supposed to. Just be happy that you're getting this in due course. December is just a month, like any other month.

Moselle
on 11/14/11 8:26 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on getting one step closer to your surgery date.  If you don't get surgery in December then you will start your journey in January; new year, new lifestyle, new healthier you!  All the best.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Toni B.
on 11/14/11 9:18 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
What time on Dec 2nd? I'm meeting Dr. Jackson that day too!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

kattster
on 11/14/11 10:36 am
Thanks everyone!!!!
Sorry if I came across as an impatient person. In this case December is not just another month, its a convenient one with my current lifestyle. I'm only pushing for a December date because I am currently studying for my BScN and will have a 3 week break; therefore, I will not have to take as much time off as I would have to if I have it in January. This is a concern that I have addressed with all the staff members throughout the process and was told that they will push for that to be possible as best as they can.
&
Toni it's exciting...we are almost there!!! My appointment is at 8am, how about yours?
charm64
on 11/15/11 12:06 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Congratulations,  your almost there!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics