close to devasted.............

kattster
on 11/17/11 6:30 am
I was excited to have gotten my surgeon appt on Dec 2nd, and was continuously requesting for a surgery date in december to all the staff throughout the process (including the programs manager)because of personal reasons including my current situation with school. All of the members said that they would keep that in mind and bring it to meeting. When I spoke with the manager she said to leave it in her hands and she will take care of it. newho long story short I called TWH this evening only to find out that their OR rooms are book for dec and now their booking for the end of january begining of feb, and I was told that I should take that info with a grain of salt because they could have booked me in but shes never heard of that happening... this is devastating because I cannot afford to take 4 weeks off of school after surgery which means that I am going to have to wait until may.
Leslie W.
on 11/17/11 6:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
Sorry to hear about the delay but your turn will come,

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
RubyTues
on 11/17/11 7:18 am - Canada
try not to feel too defeated.. like you said you at least have the option of May.. heck what's another few moths after all you've prob waitied. Gives you time to focus on your school and then you will be able to recouperate without that worry.
Good luck to you.

Bonnie ABC
on 11/17/11 7:23 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Unless you are in a course requiring a lot of physical stuff, you shouldn't have to take 4 weeks off.   You could maybe go back in 2 weeks.   Some people feel great after surgery.  Some don't, could go either way, but you could be well enough to continue.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 7:40 am - Canada
Four weeks off?

I was in school when I has my surgery and I only needed a week. I was actually out and about 3 days after my surgery and could have easily sat in a class.

Everyone is different but I also had the same fears as you post surgery and once it was over I realized that its all a piece of cake. If youre healthy enough to attend classes now youll be healthy enough to attend classes a few days after surgery....providing there are no complications
pinkjellybean
on 11/17/11 8:34 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I'm sorry you're feeling so devasted but on the flip side of that as a fellow patient of TWH who has been waiting longer than you for my surgery date - I'd be irked and complaining if they did hold onto a spot for you simply because of school.  I understand how important your education is to you but the sooner this surgery is done the sooner my life starts to change.  You've already moved pretty quickly through the process and it's only fair to other people in the program that you have your surgery in due time just like everyone else.

If you had posted here that they held a spot for you even though you weren't meeting a surgeon until December 2nd - they'd definitely be getting an earful from me at my November 25th surgeons appointment. 

My suggestion to you would be when you go for your appointment make it clear you are willing to take any December cancellations that come up because it is likely that someone will back out of their surgery or cancel due to the holiday season. 

Good Luck : )

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Yass
on 11/17/11 9:41 am
I know right now you feel let down- but you need to remember that everything happens for a reason and we can't control everything in life. ...just go with the flow....
my two cents ...
PatXYZ
on 11/17/11 10:01 am
I heard at the support group last night that they are looking for people willing to have surgery during the week between Christmas and New Years. It possible all those spots got filled up today, but to be sure, I would call tomorrow and ask to speak to Sharon. Find out which surgeons are performing surgery during that week and whether they have any spots left. Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 11:54 am - Toronto, Canada
 really?  I guess they changed their plans because just a week or so ago they called people booked the week between Xmas and new years AND the first week in January and told them that the OR was closed during this period and rescheduled them.  Geez, sounds like they are a bit confused with the OR schedule!
PatXYZ
on 11/17/11 12:55 pm
That's odd. I heard this directly from the SW though, so I'm assuming it's good info - might be worth calling to check.
Most Active
Recent Topics