Optifast MMmm

mz_campbell
on 11/18/11 10:15 pm
Well my first optifast shake is done and surprise surprise....they taste good to me lol i heard dreadful things about them but it tasted yummy to me maybe I'll get sick of it in a few days but this first one was good!! And honestly the prize you get at the end of the optifast is worth it!! 
Sunnydaz
on 11/18/11 11:18 pm
Great positive attitude!!  Good Luck!
Moselle
on 11/19/11 1:01 am - Athens, Canada
I'm sure that like me the first shake was totally dreaded and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Just keep changing up the flavours to keep the boredom at bay.  I didn't have any issues with the taste either. Just beware in case you end up with constipation or the trots. It's usually ends up being a problem one way or another.  If you don't get the trots try using sf Benefibre strawberry lemonade sleeves in your water, one or two a day helps.

Good luck and it won't be long now until your surgery.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Brenda T.
on 11/19/11 1:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So glad to hear how it is going for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

StevesGal
on 11/19/11 3:16 am - Hamilton, Canada
I liked them, too.  I did 1/2 choc and 1/2 vanilla, so I switched it up all the time.

If you want some interesting flavour choices, go to Bulk Barn and get some LorAnn Oils.  They're at the checkouts.  The bottles are very tiny, but you only need a small dribble to get the taste.  I liked the Banana Cream or Strawberry in the choc OF.

And please make sure you get all 4 in every day.  It's a prescription, and like any perscription, you should take all of it.  If you didn't need 4 a day, the doctor wouldn't give you 4 a day.  If you're life depended on it, you'd do it right?  Well, your health and surgery does, so stick to it.  Like you yourself said, "the prize you get at the end of optifast is worth it!!".

Good luck!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 11/19/11 11:22 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Good for you. Keep that positive attitude and it will done before you know it!
Most Active
Recent Topics