First day to optifast went great!!

mz_campbell
on 11/19/11 12:35 pm
So first day of optifast went great!! No hunger thank god!! lol I drank like 10 bottles of water lol and worked out for 3 hours got all my shakes in I had a sugar free Popsicle and a cup of broth and I'm doing great and hoping for a good outcome tomorrow trying to workout as much as I can hoping that will help with loosing weight or atleast being a lil healthier for surgery day!! By the way optifast is yummy lol I was dreading it I really enjoy it !! Just updating with you all
RubyTues
on 11/19/11 1:04 pm - Canada
I'm on third day and yummy I'd prob wouldn't use but tolerable I would LOL
I actually ruined my very first shake when I chose to have vanilla and I added an entire pack of crystal lite to it and it was so disgusting, tasted chemically and was really hard to drink. I blamed it on the opti fast and was sticking to only the choc after, even called the clinic and asked if I could exchange my unopened box.. then I thought well gotta use up the rest so may as well just get it over with .. didn't add any thing to it and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to drink.
Turns out I just added way too much crystal lite.

My first two days weren't bad but today was a struggle.. I am feeling hungry about two hrs after the shake and I just want REAL food. Didn't help we went to a bday party today that was packed with bad yummy food.. but I brought my lil blender and shake and a tea and I survived.

I just keep counting down the days as each night ends and hopefully it will become more routine for me.

aprilbennett1965
on 11/19/11 9:43 pm - Canada
Hi Ruby,

I have already told my family and coworkers that while I am on optifast I am avoiding all large dinners and functions where there is good smelling food excpet Christmas.

I have figured out that IF the doctor was right and my surgery will be at the very latest January 15th, then it means I am on optifast for Christmas.  My family heard this and are coming this coming Saturday to cook me that dinner. Hopefully this will appease that desire to have it on Christmas day...well what I am REALLY hoping is that I will have had my surgery before Christmas Day and then I won't even have to worry about smelling the food lol.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

C. McMillan
on 11/20/11 3:48 am, edited 11/20/11 3:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I used up my vanilla by using 1/2 pkg of vanilla and 1/2 of chocolate together in a shake.   This was my favorite way to have them. 

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

JJ_
on 11/19/11 8:52 pm
 Glad to hear you liked it.  Did you drink them straight up?  Add more water? Add ice? Blend or only shake them up?  

I start Opti tomorrow.

Judy
on_my_way2011
on 11/19/11 9:27 pm - Canada
That's great!  I really enjoyed optifast too.  I doctored up a couple in the beginning but found I really preferred them plain. 

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

aprilbennett1965
on 11/19/11 9:40 pm - Canada
Congrats on a succesfull first day!! I am still waiting for the call for them to say start mine.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Lizzie54
on 11/20/11 8:21 am - Canada

Good to hear that...I start my optifast tomorrow, and am trying to think very positive thoughts.

I will let you know how it turns out.

liz

Liz   

Most Active
Recent Topics