My surgery was cancelled today!!

mz_campbell
on 12/5/11 5:51 am
My surgery was cancelled I sat there from 11 till 2 when I was supposed to have surgery and they cancelled it.  because there weren't enough beds.  I'm so stressed right now I have worked so hard for this I don't know what to think or do :*(
Referral to st joes-April 2011.**Orientation - May 2011.** Blood work and ECG-May 2011.**appointment with nurse and dietician Sept- 2nd2011.**psych- Sept 13th 2011.**Internist- Sept 19th 2011.**Scope- Oct 3rd 2011.Surgeon appointment Nov 8th 2011**Surgical class Nov 10th 2011**Patts  nov 18th 2011** Surgery date was Dec 5th got cancelled**new surgery date was dec 28th** early cancellation so surgery date is Dec 19th 2011 with the goegeous dr gmora <3 My angel is mrsjbutler <3                     
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 5:57 am - Guelph, Canada
 OMG thats not nice of them.... when have they rescheduled you?
Typoqueen
on 12/5/11 6:11 am
Hey Mz ,

I feel so bad  for you!!! So many emotions must be flying through you right now. I too went though a cancellation.  I waited all day in my cute gown and 30 mins befor my surgery, my Dr. came to me and told me it was cancelled. I cried alot that day. ( and a few days after )  I had to change sooooo many plans that I made and I did not know what to do. But I got through it and it is all good now. Only had to wait 3 weeks and that was not too bad.

You can get through this to,  as you have worked hard.  You know what to do to still be ready. You will get your new date and be on your way. 

Keep us posted and I hope you get your new date very soon. 

Kelly

filomena B.
on 12/5/11 6:17 am
omg i am so sorry to hear this for you. please try and stay postive and you will get though this delay. so have they given you a date and what happens to your optifast weeks???
did you have to do optifast???
hugs coming your way
Pam B.
on 12/5/11 6:40 am
I am so sorry to hear this.  sending big hugs your way.
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
torytt
on 12/5/11 6:40 am
Holy S%*#!
I am so sorry.  This must be terribly disheartening.  Easier said than done but please try to keep your eye on the prize.  You have come so far already and waiting a little bit longer won't change the outcome.  Truly, my heart is heavy for you.
TT
Dianadcr
on 12/5/11 6:54 am - Canada
Sorry to hear this. Stay strong, your time will come.
aprilbennett1965
on 12/5/11 7:04 am - Canada
So very sorry to hear this mz_campbell. I can only imagine the disappointment you must be feeling. (((Hugs)))
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

smiley_k
on 12/5/11 7:27 am
 I can imagine how disappointing this would be! I hope they get you booked in again within the next few days!  
Katie  ♥     

straberryz
on 12/5/11 7:38 am - Ottawa, Canada
Wow that really sucks. I can only imagine how sh*tty this must be. what happens with optifast? Can you change the time you boooked off work? I hope they get you in within the next couple days!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics