Ok I shouldnt have looked at this...

mz_campbell
on 12/18/11 3:02 pm
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/touch/story.html?id=5848950
Referral to st joes-April 2011.**Orientation - May 2011.** Blood work and ECG-May 2011.**appointment with nurse and dietician Sept- 2nd2011.**psych- Sept 13th 2011.**Internist- Sept 19th 2011.**Scope- Oct 3rd 2011.Surgeon appointment Nov 8th 2011**Surgical class Nov 10th 2011**Patts  nov 18th 2011** Surgery date was Dec 5th got cancelled**new surgery date was dec 28th** early cancellation so surgery date is Dec 19th 2011 with the goegeous dr gmora <3 My angel is mrsjbutler <3                     
JJ_
on 12/18/11 3:26 pm
Yep you are right.

Judy
Manda M.
on 12/18/11 4:35 pm
This was posted twice the other day. There is risks with all surgeries and think of all the positive out comes that have happened since. Yes, this story is indeed sad but every situation is different.

Get some sleep you got a big day tomorrow! See you on the bench!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Sher1ock
on 12/18/11 8:32 pm - Canada
Seriously, go back and read the long thread from when the story came out. It may help with a bit of perspective.

Sad and tragic when someone is lost, but if we focus on the isolated incidents such as the one in this story, we risk losing sight of all the posts everyday telling us of the new joy, victories, uneventful recoveries and goals met by having this surgery.

We all owe it to ourselves to keep the good, the bad and the ugly in mind on our journey.

Brenda T.
on 12/18/11 10:40 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
We could drive ourselves crazy with the slim chance of something like that happening.
All the best to you and speedy recovery.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen W.
on 12/19/11 4:40 am - Canada
It's interesting that we never hear about the many people who die during other types of surgery.  It's all about fat bias and the belief that fat people are taking the easy way out with WLS (if only they knew how much work it is!).  The Ottawa Civic Hospital has been doing WLS for many years, and I believe this is the first fatality.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active
Recent Topics