DAY 1 Opti & Optifast's Best Friend: Sugar Free Starbucks Syrups

swagger
on 1/25/12 12:55 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
They don't advertise it, but they will sell you from behind the counter Starbucks sugar free syrups.

At $9.99 a pop they are a delicious way to improve your optifast, I like these a little better than the Torani ones.

The flavours they had when I went there last night was:

Vanilla, Hazelnut, Peppermint or Cinnamon dolce.

I can tell you from my 2nd shake I had today, that the Cinnamon Dolce and Vanilla Opti really tastes pretty good....I was impressed...and I don't impress easily :P

It sucks having to drag my NINJA drink blender to work, but it makes one hell of a shake. I am so looking forward to day 14 and the end of the opti

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

sam1am
on 1/25/12 1:38 am
I'm glad that you are enjoying them!  I'm sure the time will fly by!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

jthompson593
on 1/25/12 3:09 am
 Crystal light in the chocolate opti was really good, the raspberry ice. And strawberry banana orange  c.l in the vanilla opti.

swagger
on 1/25/12 4:18 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Nice! Never thought of crystal light in the shakes. Thank you

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

Mary A.
on 1/25/12 3:37 am
I am a morning regular at Starbucks @ Intercity.

I have my skinny cinnamon latte with a scoop of protein and extra foam....it's my breakfast and 95% of the time they make it with no lumps~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

jdance
on 1/25/12 4:26 am - Canada
I use starbucks caramel SF in my morning protein shake.

but be advised, not all locations will sell it, depends on how much they have in stock. I've been turned down before from a smaller location.

But it's good stuff and i'm glad it works for your optifast.

J

swagger
on 1/25/12 4:43 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Thanks! I found Carmel at Seattle Coffee house, I called just after our post... Sounds good!

Allaryanna
on 1/27/12 12:19 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
I 100% agree finished my first day of Opti yesterday.  Raspberry Davinci in Chocolate is quite good as well. 

Not sure if you got both Chocolate and Vanilla but I find the Chocolate very chalky tasting.  Definately needs something to help the taste. 

Yay for Sugar Free Syrups!!!  And brilliant OHers who have tried these combos to let up know what to expect.  If I'd never found this website I would have tried doing Opti with no enhancers.  Believe me that would not have worked out well.

So Thank You all for your suggestions to help Opti.

Di

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics