Stress test wait times?

Jeff Z.
on 1/29/12 3:34 pm - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
 Wondering if anyone who had to have a stress test recently as pre-operative testing might be able to shed some light on potential wait times to get one?

Turns out that my surgery wasn't officially postponed like I thought it was judging by an email I had received.  Going to make some calls in the morning to see what I can find out, but if I can be somewhat informed all the better.

Right now a stress test is all that stands in my way of have surgery potentially in a couple weeks, although my pesimistic side is telling me it's likely too late.

Would certainly be a great birthday present if I could make this somehow work today.  Speaking of which...I'm feeling old.  

HW: 750  ConsultW: 735  SW: 701  CW: 395  GW: 235 
App: January 2009  re-App: March 2009... OHIP suspends DS, works on proposal with Cleveland Clinic  Surgery: October 8th 2009  (8 month process)
Revision to DS on June 5th, 2012.

Monica M.
on 1/29/12 7:55 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Is today your birthday? i hope this works out for you. I don't know what the wait times are, depends on where you are and what the demand is, specific to your location. Call them up, sweet talk them, tell them its your birthday and that your surgery could be postponed even longer, if you don't get it soon. Best of luck, Jeff, let us know how it goes!

laura S.
on 1/29/12 8:27 pm - London, Canada
Hi Jeff!

Happy birthday!  I would call and wheedle and beg if that's what it took!  They probably have emergeny appointment time slots and hopefully they'll let you take one of those!

Let us know how it goes and I'll keep my fingers crossed fo ryou!

Laura

sam1am
on 1/29/12 11:08 pm
Aw Happy Birthday Jeff!   

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Jeff Z.
on 1/30/12 12:54 am - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
 Still waiting to see what happens.  TWH might be a bust as all I could really do is a leave a voicemail and I was not sure who best to direct it too so I decided not too leave one.  Would have been nice if I had the option to speak with one of the receptionists to leave a message with Melanie (one of the program managers).

I'm now waiting to see what my family doctor's office does.  They paged him with a message regarding my inquiry, but I'm fairly certain this won't be facilitated as quickly as I had hoped.

I'll update if I find anything else out.

And thanks for the birthday wishes.

App: January 2009  re-App: March 2009... OHIP suspends DS, works on proposal with Cleveland Clinic  Surgery: October 8th 2009  (8 month process)

PaulaToronto
on 1/30/12 7:19 am - Toronto, Canada
Happy Birthday Jeff - I think the most important thing is to get a date and then call every single morning to see if they have a cancellation.  You just have to be ready to get there.  I have been very successful with this method when it comes to appointments that take forever.  Whoever is answering the phones in the testing area will remember you and you will be the first person they call when there is a cancellation as they know you will come and it will save them time from calling others to find someone to take the appointment.  Good luck. I think you can make it happen!

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Jeff Z.
on 1/30/12 7:38 am - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
Thanks for the response Paula.

Unfortunately surgery has been officially delayed by the surgeon.  And not only that, but they've changed what they want from the bloodwork panel so I've now taken a step backwards.  This change means I need to setup a doctor appointment and get a new requisition as the one I already have is no good.

I'm honestly getting frustrated with the entire thing.  I'm ready to throw in the towel and call it quits.

I though that contacting the Ministry of Health and getting them involved would speed things up, but it has only delayed everything.  I guess the old addage "If you want something done right, do it yourself!" really speaks volumes for this.

So I don't know.  I've been busting my ass to get everything done, which is taking a toll on me.  I may tell everyone involved to buzz off and I'LL let YOU know when I'm ready.  

This hasn't exactly been a great birthday.  And the email from the surgeon's office certainly didn't help.

I've been working on this for almost a year and a half now.  I think I am entitled to be officially pissed off now, eh?  

PaulaToronto
on 1/30/12 12:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
Absolutely, you are entitled to be pissed off but don't take the frustration out on yourself - it is not your fault so don't get down on yourself. You had today to be p'd off and tomorrow you start back on the fight. I understand how long your journey has been and how you want to finally have it finished. It will happen for you.  Gagner is worth the wait and you know this.  This is just another hurdle to test you but you are stronger than this. Hope you celebrated your birthday in some positive way too.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Jeff Z.
on 1/30/12 6:47 pm - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
 Didn't do anything on my birthday.  Had dinner the night before and will be having lunch later today with my grandfather.

I think that this all happened on my birthday that it just seemed to be much worse than it really is.  I'm still not happy about the change to the blood test panel, and I made sure to note that in a responding email.  

It is unfortunate cir****tances, but out of my hands now.

Most Active
Recent Topics