Last Day of Optifunk

swagger
on 2/6/12 1:16 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
It's been a long 2 weeks but today is my last day on the opti. As I said in an earlier post that I give you guys HUGE props for being on this stuff for more than 2 weeks.

I was able to lose 25 lbs in this time frame and that was just with basic walking once in a while, so I destroyed my goal to lose 20 lbs on it.

My friend was the choco opti mixed with 200ml of water, 5 cubes, and a splash of coconut sf extract.

I have to admit I did cheat by eating a few baby dill pickles so I'd get a crunch... I do not condone cheating, but in my defence I did what I needed to do to get through this. Just remember be smart and don't get yourself out of ketosis.

Today it's 4 shakes and counting , then liquid for 2 then surg

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

TBIYTC
on 2/6/12 1:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Congrats on getting through Opti.  Now, onwards and upwards!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

JJ_
on 2/6/12 5:55 pm
You made it!!  I did three weeks of Opti.....yeah, but it is OVER!!  Surgery is just around the corner for you.

Congrats.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/12 8:22 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Great Job!! Can't wait to hear about your surgery experience!!
Vi-Vi
on 2/6/12 8:30 pm, edited 2/6/12 8:31 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Great job Swagger!  When my day comes I sure hope to have 2 weeks also, more then that seems too much!  Sending you positive vibes for your surgery!  Will be thinking of you!  Keep us posted!          
agrmax
on 2/6/12 9:21 pm - Oshawa, Canada
Great job!  I still have till Sunday  I was told I would be on it till the day before surgery.

Good Luck on the big day.  What hospital are you having your surgery in?

Ann

Orientation September 2011 - Surgeon appt January 23, 2012 - Surgery February 13, 2012

swagger
on 2/6/12 9:37 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
St Joes in Hamilton

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

sam1am
on 2/6/12 9:33 pm
You cheated with a pickle 

Congratz on getting through the 2 weeks, I know I found it hard as hell!  I think you have the hard part over with.  Looking forward to having you join us on the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

PWA93
on 2/6/12 10:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Few more days and  you are ready to go... awesome and very happy for you. 

I am five days out and feeling pretty good.  I am getting 1.5L of water in me a day and trying my best to get the breakfast drinks down throught the day.  Not sure why but they taste awuful to me  now and I have to add a little water and a few cubes to keep it cold.  My stomach and mid-chest looks like I have been shot by a machine gun.  I have seven holes in me.

The people at St. Joes were amazing.  The pre-op, surgical suites and recovery area are all brand new and the staff was so nice.   After the surgery you will probably make it up to 6 Surgical for a day or so and the nurses there are even better.  Christine, Ashley, Lisa were the ones that looked after me.  They took such good care of me and always had a smile.

I had the hernia and bypass and pain was not too bad.  I was getting the usual pain meds and antibiotics via IV but I felt great, especially after getting my gas to pass.  I did not vomit once or had any coughing fits.  I was up walking the halls the first evening and walked every hour or so doing laps around the floor with other bypass people.   I was smooth sailing.

You are going to do awesome.  You have the right attitude which I think is the most important thing.
Brenda T.
on 2/6/12 10:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wow 25 lbs!!! And you paid your dues by making it thru OF.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics