I am new here

Marls
on 2/18/12 10:57 pm - Canada

Just wonerding if anyone out there was at the orientation class at HRRH on Monday Feb 22 in the afternoon and, if so have you already heard from the clinic with appointment dates?  I have a bazillion questions and I am sure that I still have quite the wait before me but thought it would be a good idea to sign up here and learn what I can.   Does anyone know if the VSG is condiered at HRRH? 

Cheers, Marls

TBIYTC
on 2/18/12 11:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I can't answer your questions - I'm though Hamilton - but I wanted to say welcome!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Brenda T.
on 2/18/12 11:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Welcome, great to have you with us.
This is a great site to talk with people who have been or going through things you are. Great place to get your questions answered.
I'm going through Toronto Western (TWH) so I don't know how your appointments will work.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen W.
on 2/19/12 12:09 am - Canada
I can't answer your questions, but welcome to the board!  Good luck with everything.

RNY April 11, 2011       

momof2girlz
on 2/19/12 12:25 am - orangeville, Canada
I had my orientation at HRRH on December 2nd 2011, I now have the bypass class on March 9th, nurse, dietition, social worker on March 13th, and surgeion appt on March 15th. They told me they were booked that far from orientation because I was a smoker though, and had to be 6 months smoke free :)
Hope this helps a bit!
Referral: Oct 19 2011      Info TWH : Dec 2 2011       BP Class: Feb
Nurse: July 30 2012     Diet/Nut: July 30 2012  Social Worker: July 30 2012
Surgeon:
March 15 2012 NOW April 02, 2012 Internist: July 23 2012 Surgery Date: ????????

I cancelled a couple of my appointments with surgeon, social worker, nurse ect, but now have them rebooked, and I have a different surgeon! Instead of Dr Sullivan, I have Dr.Sohi!

Andrew Thompson
on 2/19/12 4:16 am - Canada
You've joined the right site. that's a great start :-)

I had a billion different questions at the start. I did find that the following book helped enormously. You can get it from the library, but I have it at hand even 18 months out.'

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

Marls
on 2/19/12 7:06 am - Canada
Thanks so much.  I looked at the library by me and they did not have it.  I purchased a book today at chapter but I do want to get this one as well.  So 18 months
Monica M.
on 2/19/12 4:33 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Marls! welcome to OH. I don't have an answer for you, with regard to the VSG, but just wanted to say hey.

Marls
on 2/19/12 9:13 am - Canada
Hey Monica,

Thanks so much. Ha, my surgeon consult is with Dr, Huynh.  Did you love him. 
Monica M.
on 2/19/12 10:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i did like him very much, he's very personable, friendly, and very knowledgable. I felt totally comfortable with him, before and after surgery.

Let me know how things go.

Mon

Most Active
Recent Topics