Good Times :) Most Resent Pictures

Dollface-1981
on 2/27/12 5:51 am - Newmarket, Canada

I've been back to the gym now for a week and I'm sooo happy to be there! The first day was brutal but by the second I was feeling much more like myself.  It's probably the best stress reliever I've ever had and when I'm done a workout I feel so relaxed. I highly recommend it!!
So a few days ago my husband and I ordered thai food. It's my special treat that we get once in a blue moon and I've been fine with it. But for some reason it DID NOT agree with me and boy o boy did I ever dump!! I don't know if it has to do with the lack of gallbladder... But I will now be crossing Thai food off my list. Someone made a comment and it totally applie to me that day... And many others:
My stomach sounds like I swallowed Chewbacca.
I find that once something makes me dump I have no desire to have it again!!! At least it's good to know that my pouch is still working!  There are times when it doesn't even feel like I've had surgery. 
My husband had his 25th Birthday party on the weekend and what a blast! We had such a great time and soo many of our friends came out to share it with us. It was one of the best nights I've had in a really really long time. I had 3 drinks that night (crystal light mixed with a little vodka) Only 50 calories per drink. 
The problem was that I had all three drinks within the first hour or so. I was feeling pretty tipsy so I stopped drinking and for the rest of the night stuck to just crystal light. I was glad I did and I still had just as much fun as if I was drinking! I hate the feeling of being out of control and anyone who has had the gastric bypass can tell you how fast that can happen!! One glass of wine and I'm slurring my words and can't walk straight!!!!
Everyone seemed to have a great time though and my house came through unscathed !! Nothing broken and no drama... I may consider doing it again sometime... Maybe next year lol even though I stopped drinking... I'm way to old to be staying up till 4am.  I'm still feeling the effects of it!

I can't even express enough how kind everyone was and how grateful I am for all the wonderful things they were saying to me about my weight loss. I know I've touched on this topic before but I still find it so awkward !! As much as I really do love to hear it and it means so much... I don't know how to respond without blushing and looking away. I say thank you but i don't want to come across conceited...  It actually makes me embarrassed.  People tell me I'll get used to it but I'm not so sure!
I'm really liking the fact that I've been able to pre make my meals for the week. It's been a god send!  Keeps me from worrying about how much protein I need and how much I've eaten. Everything is cooked and measured in the fridge. Stress free!
The other thing that has been a godsend to me is my iPhone !  Being able to listen to music... Not only can it be inspiring and uplifting but it makes me WANT to walk places!  And I've been downloading really fast songs with a good beat... It makes me walk even faster!! One of the songs I've been in love with lately is "I'm Not Afraid" by Eminem. Even though he has a bit of a potty mouth I feel like I can connect with many parts. 
[Chorus:] I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid) To take a stand (to take a stand) Everybody (everybody) Come take my hand (come take my hand) We'll walk this road together, through the storm Whatever weather, cold or warm Just lettin you know that, you're not alone Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)
[Intro (during Chorus):] Yeah, it's been a ride I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one Now some of you, might still be in that place If you're trying to get out, just follow me I'll get you there
You could try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay 'em But you won't take the sting out these words before I say 'em Cause ain't no way I'ma let you stop me from causin mayhem When I say I'ma do somethin I do it, I don't give a damn what you think, I'm doin this for me, so **** the world Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if it thinks it's stoppin me I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearin down your balcony No if ands or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he From "Infinite" down to the last "Relapse" album he's still ****tin, whether he's on salary paid hourly Until he bows out or he ****s his bowels out of him Whichever comes first, for better or worse He's married to the game, like **** you for Christmas His gift is a curse, forget the Earth, he's got the urge to pull his dick from the dirt, and **** the whole universe
[Chorus]
Okay quit playing with the scissors and **** and cut the crap I shouldn't have to rhyme these words in the rhythm for you to know it's a rap You said you was king, you lied through your teeth, for that Fuck your feelings, instead of gettin crowned you're gettin capped And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact Let's be honest, that last "Relapse" CD was ehhh Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground Relax, I ain't goin back to that now All I'm tryin to say is get back, click-clack, blaow Cause I ain't playin around It's a game called circle and I don't know how, I'm way too up to back down But I think I'm still tryin to figure this crap out Thought I had it mapped out but I guess I didn't, this ****** black cloud still follows, me around but it's time to exorcise these demons These mother******s are doin jumpin jacks now!
[Chorus]
And I just can't keep living this way So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground I've had enough, now I'm so fed up Time to put my life back together right now! (now)
It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you, so I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through And don't even realize what you did, believe me you I been through the ringer, but they could do little to the middle finger I think I got a tear in my eye, I feel like the king of my world, haters can make like bees with no stingers and drop dead, no more beef flingers No more drama from now on, I promise to focus solely on handlin my responsibilities as a father So I solemnly swear to always treat this roof, like my daughters and raise it, you couldn't lift a single shingle on it! Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club or the corner pub, and lift the whole liquor counter up Cause I'm raising the bar I'd shoot for the moon but I'm too busy gazin at stars I feel amazing

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Joy D.
on 2/27/12 6:57 am - Hamilton, Canada
 here's the video.. love it 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s 

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

charm64
on 2/27/12 10:15 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 You look so wonderful!  Glad to hear you are doing so well!  

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

jdance
on 2/28/12 4:32 am - Canada
You look wonderful. 4 a.m. Yikes, I'm a pumpkin shortly after midnight. But I'm old... ha ha...

I agree with the fast music, makes you want to walk faster, i can burn up the treadmill with Moves Like Jagger.

And yes on the wine, oh mumma, one glass and i'm stupid. Have to water mine down.

Keep going girl, you look wonderful.

Oh BTW, the comments will slow down once you reach goal and have maintained for awhile. I don't get them hardly at all anymore. people are so used to the way I look now. But I'm happy just to fit in.

Most Active
Recent Topics