What is your daily exercise regime?

CdnGal
on 4/13/12 1:28 am, edited 4/13/12 6:46 am - Canada
 I have not been exercising as much since my last vacation, I still run 3 x a week, but am not doing any Zumba or kickboxing presently.  I was wondering if other people exercise daily or periodically or what?  thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/12 2:00 am, edited 4/13/12 2:02 am - Canada

Mine is daily but I try and take 1 day off to rest. It's usually Sunday unless I've missed a day during the week.

I alternate upper and lower body weights [eg. Mon/Wed/Fri - upper body. Tues/Thurs/Sat - lower body].

Daily I do 45 minutes of HIIT cycling and on the upper body days [and only 1x a week] I incorporate Tabatas - I'm only at 50% on that - working to complete an entire set. I only do that on the days when I'm not working my lower body because it's really tough on the legs.

My weight sets/reps are as follows for all my exercises:

Set 1 - 12 reps - rest 1 minute
Set 2 - 10 reps - rest 1 minute
Set 3 - 8 reps - rest 1 minute
Set 4 - 6 reps - rest 1 minute
Set 5 - 12 reps - no rest
Set 6 - 12 reps

The weight increases from set 1-4 and then decreases at set 5 & 6.

Example for bicep curls:

50lbs
60lbs
70lbs
80lbs
60lbs
60lbs

ETA: The entire workout [cardio and weights] takes me about 2 hours and I do weights first.

charolli
on 4/13/12 2:06 am - Canada
I go to goodlife fitness every other day...my routine is 25 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the eliptical (i am trying to increase time on this as i can really feel it in my thighs) and then do the circuit machines for another 30 minutes, followed by a short sauna....i can't wait to feel strong enough to start some of the classes. On alternate days i just look for opportunites to walk "harder" and "faster".

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/12 2:09 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
I haven't had surgery yet but I am getting myself in the habbit of exercising by going to T-Zone fitness 5 times a week, walking at least 5km a day and I love auqafit and do that at least twice a week, Zumba sounds so fun and I would love to try it but I'm too self-conscious to step out of my comfort zone but hopefully surgery will help with that too.
Dianadcr
on 4/13/12 2:54 am - Canada
I am ten weeks out and have returned to the gym. I alternate between spinning and weight class that works the whole body. I'm in the gymn four times a week, an hour each time.
  Diana

Marny B.
on 4/13/12 3:01 am - Canada
Monday- 1 hour full body workout with my trainer at the gym (arms, core, legs, etc...)

Tuesday- run- (focus on tempo/speed) 

Wednesday- run (focus on hills)

Thursday- some sort of cross training (this week it was dancing, but I have also done aquafit, step classess, etc...  Whatever strikes my fancy or is convenient)

Friday- rest day

Saturday- loooong distance, slow run

Sunday- rest day

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Leslie W.
on 4/13/12 5:39 am - Cobourg, Canada
For me walking 2xday plus hooked on Goodlife. Go 4-5 x week. Love their Good Flow class which is a mix of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. Low impact and a good strech, Actually a better workout than Zumba

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
cindymbear
on 4/13/12 6:44 am - Brampton, Canada
I've never been good at exercising but I finally got myself in a very simple routine of getting my rear end out of bed early in the mornings and going for a 5k power walk 5 days a week.  If the weather doesn't co-operation then it's an hour on the stationary bike in the basement with Breakfast Television.  I prefer the walking over the bike and luckily the weather has been good for it lately.  It's become a routine that I like and I can maintain. 

Most Active
Recent Topics