Feeling Better about Myself

OKNEE FE + 3
on 5/9/12 3:12 am
Those who are close to me will agree I have been "less than a pleasure" to be around.  I would like to say since March, but truth be told its been since September.

A bulk of the mood has been a "VERY" negative self body image.  I have felt ugly in my own skin.

Its funny how at close to 400 pounds I did not not think twice about what I looked like.  I dressed professionally for my size and looked "put together" so to speak, but now I scrutinize myself in the mirror all the time.  I find myself dressing to "camouflage" more now than I ever did. 

The last few months I have had to go back up a size to accommodate the extra loose skin, so that my clothes fit more "smoothly"  Even at that nothing seems to fit like it should.

That was until this morning, I put on my "go to" grey flannel dress pants and all of a sudden I felt as slim as I did last fall.  The scale still read up 5 pounds so maybe it's inches or maybe its a different mind space.

Whatever the reason I just wanted to share that the struggle never really ends

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Monica M.
on 5/9/12 3:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's a pretty powerful feeling.

Thank you for sharing that, Leona.

Joyce J.
on 5/9/12 4:36 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Leona

Glad you are feeling better about yourself. Yes it is strange that we are more concerned about how we look in certain things more than we did before. I am like that as well.

You are doing great, keep up the good work

Hugs my friend

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Jenna V.
on 5/9/12 4:43 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12
I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Great reminder that this journey is never truly over.

hobbithands
on 5/9/12 5:21 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Glad to hear you are feeling better. 

msheavyhearted
on 5/9/12 6:58 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Thanks for sharing this. Like you, at over 300 lbs I never really questioned how I looked as long as I was clean and "put together". The more weight I lose, the more critical I am. It's a tough lesson to learn that once the weight comes off we won't be super models.

I appreciate your candor and I'm happy to hear you're feeling better about yourself.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Brenda T.
on 5/9/12 7:14 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you feel better.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 10:19 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Glad to hear your feeling better about yourself.
PaulaToronto
on 5/9/12 11:54 am - Toronto, Canada
I know for myself when I was 300 I thought I was invisible as that is how I was treated in stores, etc. even though I was anything but invisible.  I too was always well put together.  Now with the weight loss I am feeling more obvious for sure and therefore more self conscious. It seems to be hit and miss and I am not at goal yet.  Maybe figure out why you felt so good to see if you can duplicate it more often. I think we are much harder on ourselves than everyone else is.  I am sure you looked great.  The scale can often affect how I feel about myself and I would avoid it if I could but I am not there yet. 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

OKNEE FE + 3
on 5/9/12 1:17 pm
Thank you all for the positive reinforcement.

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Most Active
Recent Topics