Present wait times

Kathy Fisher
on 6/26/12 10:54 pm - Canada
Hey Everyone...it's been such a long time since I've posted..but I have a question for you.
If someone has orientation the 23 of August 2012 in Windor what would there coordinating surgery time be do you think...we live in the London Area. This info is for a family member who is seriously considering WLS...I realize this is just a rough guess by you...but any input would be greatly appreciated.

lovelyluna
on 6/26/12 11:01 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Most likely within a 6 month time frame.

HW: 315 SW: N/A GW: 185 HT: 5'2"
* Orientation Session: June 4, 2012   * Gastroscopy: September 21, 2012   * Ultrasound: October 15, 2012    * Start Optifast: February 6, 2013
* Nurse & Dietitian: August 31, 2012  * Social Worker: October 2, 2012       * Meet Surgeon: October 31, 2012
     * Pre-op Appt: February 15, 2013
* ECG: August 31, 2012                   * Internist: October 15, 2012             * Nutrition Class: January 31, 2013   * Surgery: February 22, 2013

wants2Bfitagain
on 6/26/12 11:02 pm
I just had my orientation for Windsor in June and should receive my next appts here by mail this week, they said those would be for mid july. If this is right than I should be meeting surgen for hopefully Oct and Surgery before Xmas somewhere in there, I also call 2 times a weeks for cancel apts and bump things up that always helps but the Windsor unit is moving this week so wait till next week to call should be able to get an earlier orientation date
Kimmer75
on 6/26/12 11:19 pm - London, Canada
 Windsor's wait time is longer than 6 months, we were told in February, that there was little if any chance of our surgeries happening before Christmas.  It takes 4-6 months to get through their appointments alone.  
Check the bariatric website an put in your postal code, they just recently changed the boundaries.  London goes to Hamilton, my postal code would have sent me to Guelph if I wasn't already in the process. If you're south or west of London, then you still might go to Windsor. 
Kathy Fisher
on 6/26/12 11:31 pm - Canada
Does Windsor do the actual surgery there...I thought it was just an assessment center and then they sent you to Guelph, Toronto or Hamilton

Kimmer75
on 6/26/12 11:40 pm - London, Canada
 That's right Kathy, they do the assessment and them you can choose which center.  
Ashley T.
on 6/27/12 12:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 08/09/12
 Also, keep in my that what the centres tell you is their time frames, might not be the reality. They hope to get you in in those times but they get backlogged quickly. In November I was told 8-12 weeks before my next appointment, in reality it was 6 months. When all is said and done from Orientation to Surgery it will be one year, one week of wait time for me.

Kimmer75
on 6/27/12 12:31 am - London, Canada
 Yeah, that was something we ran across as well. In orientation they said we would get our first set of appointments within 4 weeks. The first appointments started 8 weeks out.  
wants2Bfitagain
on 6/27/12 3:05 am
When I spoke to the center last Fri she said she is booking next round of apts NP, DT, SW etc for mid July and I just had my orientation 2 weeks ago. I was told as long as no other tests were needed I could choose which center to go for surgey to and that would be in Sept/Oct
Kim O.
on 6/27/12 10:09 am - Windsor, Canada
Check out my timeline in my signature. It's been almost a year since my orientation, and I have surgery ed next week. Probably won't have surgery until mid-fall. Tell your friend it is about a year from orientation to surgery...that way, if it is sooner, it is a bonus.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

Most Active
Recent Topics