Check-in, follow up, and anything good or bad

Blu-Diva
on 7/5/12 12:50 pm, edited 7/5/12 12:52 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hello all,

well no matter what fights I have to go through with this constipation, I still am thankful for this RNY. I got a new script from my doc today and miss the shoppers to turn it in, its called Peg Flakes, it dissolves in water, has anyone herd of it ? Well I hope it works I have tried a bunch of stuff now.

A good thing, I can been down and do my toes, haven't seen then in awhile. I am so not a feet person but they look fab with the polish. I'm sleeping with out getting suffocate from my boobs :-)
Yeah blood pressure meds gone oh yeah I can hold my pee now. I'm down 450mg of lithium,which I don't know if it has to do with the WLS. But I'm happy with it.

I just went back to work, which is different cause I have to pack my food for the day. So I'm still in the learning process. the people there are no help either, offer me chocolate, or telling me about my WLS process and what I need nxt, well I mean two people. I'm still ok I say to myself.

I have just join the gym, I know my way around a bit. Any suggestions on what to do first is greatly appreciated. I walk regularly now, something that had me huffing and puffing before. I'm so grateful I can now walk with my little girl to the park and jog after her, just love it.

I'm not a poster, but I always log on and try to give support where I can. Also most of the time when I do have a questions I log on and find it. Pat your backs, this is the place to be.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Monica M.
on 7/5/12 12:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Blu!
i suffer big time from constipation too. I find that running actually keeps me somewhat regular. (sort of)
When i find that things aren't moving, i take a stool softener regularly. (after taking a laxative to get things moving)
I often add bran to my yogurt (the bran that you use to make muffins, not the bran flakes or bran buds). About 2 to 4 tbsp a day.

prunes are good, if  you can handle the sugar in them.

good luck.

and love your nsvs!!!

Brenda T.
on 7/5/12 11:13 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Hey girlfriend, can we have prune juice?  will that help move things?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Blu-Diva
on 7/6/12 8:43 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Everyone is talking about it I should try.

Blu-Diva      

Blu-Diva
on 7/6/12 8:41 am, edited 7/6/12 8:42 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I'm on two of the stool softener a day now the doc gave me this Peg Flake thing so I'm gonna try, oh I'm also on benifiber once a day. I drink lots of water cause I'm always dry. I don't know how to run or jog, I hope this don't sound dumb. Are there proper way to start ?, cause I would love to try. I hear about the prune juice a lot, so which is better the prune or the juice ? I keep my sugars low cause I don't want to dump. However willing to try. Thanks Monica.

Blu-Diva      

Blu-Diva
on 7/6/12 8:46 am - Hamilton, Canada
Janet13
on 7/5/12 1:05 pm - Toronto, Canada
Great NSV's it is amazing how the small stuff means so much to us.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Blu-Diva
on 7/6/12 8:51 am - Hamilton, Canada
 This is so true. :-)

Blu-Diva      

JJ_
on 7/5/12 2:18 pm
Congrats Blu!  I take prunes each night to keep things soft and moving naturally :)

Judy
Btrue2u
on 7/5/12 3:53 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Sounds like you are doing really well

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Most Active
Recent Topics