Follow up tomorrow with Dr. Glazier

Peggy F.
on 7/12/12 3:22 am - Whitby, Canada

So....I'm crazy excited to be moving along and very anxious to meet with Dr. Glazier tomorrow at HRRH.  Since seeing him 2 weeks ago I've done all the blood work and sleep test so I imagine he'll talk about those results. 

So....if everything went fine.....then what?  I did get a call from Dr. Sohi's office for my final appt with him, but no date.  Do I buy opti at that point? 

I'm still a  little confused about process I guess and the varying roles of the internist vs sugeon.  Anyway, maybe I will be more certain after tomorrow's appointment.

Just thinking out loud........

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 3:48 am - Toronto, ON
 Hey 
Congrats. Question for ya. How did he determine that u needed a sleep test?  I see him on Tuesday for first time. Kinda nervous but don't know why. Lol. Where did u have to go for sleep test and how was it. I don't think I need one but not sure. 
Peggy F.
on 7/12/12 5:19 am - Whitby, Canada
Hi,

Apparently the sleep test is fairly routine and common.  They are testing for sleep apnea.  I will find out my results tomorrow and let you know the details.  One question he did ask was if I snored and I know I do sometimes so maybe that was a factor?  So, within the same building, I went to the sleep clinic that same day and lucky for me there had been a cancellation for the following Thurs. (1 week ago today) so I took it.  I was fine....but one of the wierdest experiences ever.  You get hooked up to all sorts of wires all over your body (doesn't hurt at all) and then you get put to bed!  I even got tucked in!  lol  And....when I had to pee....I had to call the technician to come unhook me so I could go, then he came, hooked me up again, another tuck in and he turned the lights out.  I felt like I was 5.  But it was all done very nicely. 

Dr. Glazier is so nice.  I'm sure you will like him.  Like I said, I see him again tomorrow for the results.  I just hope the sleep test and all the blood work was fine and I can move forward cause I'm pretty much finished with all appointments then I think.

Have you seen the dietician, social worker and nurse yet?  Did you meet your surgeon?

Lots of questions always.....back and forth.......lol
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 9:36 am - Toronto, ON
 No i meet with them all and dr. Glazier Tuesday. 
ShallowGirl
on 7/12/12 8:15 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
 He gives them to everyone, then he gets to see you a second time (!)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

ShallowGirl
on 7/12/12 8:15 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I think he gives everyone a sleep apnea test.

He is nice in person but his office is chaos.

My surgery was soon after the sleep apnea test.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics