Raspberry Ketones?

Toni B.
on 7/13/12 9:48 am, edited 7/12/12 9:49 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12

I am curious what anyone can tell me about Raspberry Ketones.

I searched the OH site to see if there were any recent posts on here from the Ontario forum, and I haven't seen anything in my first few pages of search results.

I know these Raspberry Ketones were all the rage with Dr.Oz viewers, but I don't really trust that guy. (Sorry, it's a gut instinct...I just don't trust him.)

Nevertheless, just wondering what people on here think of them. I was suspicious of their value to RNY'ers considering our malabsorbtion issues...

Every time I hear about products like this, I am suspicious like it's the latest & greatest snake oil products from your ever-so-trustworthy-scam-artists....

If I am wrong about this...please do not hesitate to tell me. I trust the opinions of most of the people on this Ontario board...So if you have an opinion on these...please share!

Happy Friday folks...

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/13/12 9:53 am - Windsor, Canada
 Canadian obesity doctors Dr SHarma and dr. freedhoff weigh in:

Herem.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/is-this-supple ment-a-weight-loss-miracle/article4224988/

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Toni B.
on 7/13/12 10:33 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Excellent article Dawn! Thank you so much for posting it! Seems my suspicous nature serves me well yet again!

Lynette1962
on 7/13/12 9:58 am - Whitby, Canada
 This is the first I have heard of "raspberry Ketones" so here is what I found on the internet...an "unbiased" study by Joe Cannon - March 12/12. 

"The research on raspberry ketones for weight loss is in its infancy. As such, I just don’t know if raspberry ketones help people lose weight or not. In fact nobody knows —and that includes Dr. Oz too. Neither Dr. Oz nor his fitness expert Lisa Lynn saw any better research for raspberry ketones and weight loss than what I saw—and all I could locate were 2 mouse studies.

Raspberry ketones may benefit in mice but what about humans? Generally, I don’t accept mouse research because we are much more complicated than mice. I’d like to see a real life study of raspberry ketones in 100 people followed for at least 6 months under real-life (not laboratory) conditions to judge its weight loss power.

If you are still thinking about trying raspberry ketones to help you lose weight, I suggest you go to your doctor and get your blood work done first —cholesterol, blood pressure, weight, liver enzymes, the works—and then get it done again in a couple of months to see if anything has changed."

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Toni B.
on 7/13/12 10:35 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Yup, just as I suspected... just a cleverly marketed genie-in-a-bottle product meant to prey on the desperate.

Monica M.
on 7/13/12 11:45 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i dont trust Dr. Oz either, toni.

MissGlitter
on 7/14/12 5:52 am - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 I think I have shared this before on here - Dr. Oz's moronic diet plans almost killed my Mum.  She was hospitalized with severe malnutrition after collapsing in the waiting room of one of Dr. Oz's zealot retailers.  She was on his miracle HCG diet at the time.  
Consider everything he recommends on his show to be a paid advertisement.  He's on TV to make himself and his sponsors money.  

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Most Active
Recent Topics