6 Months Post-op

Toni B.
on 7/18/12 2:44 am, edited 7/18/12 2:45 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
I've been in a bit of a funk for the past 7 days or so... the headache I've had has lasted just as long, so no doubt that has had some direct influence on my mood... however...

Tomorrow is my 6-Month Post-op Anniversary, and although I haven't achieved the precise goal I was aiming for (Onderland) , I have achieved a lot and I need to remember to give myself credit for accomplishments thus far...

(anyone else out there super hard on themselves all-the-friggin time?)

I couldn't really let myself mope around for another day, 'cause I hate being a wendy whiner... so I decided to write/blog about my thoughts and it seems to have helped....because getting my thoughts out of my head always seems to help.
Writing = Free therapy.

I keep trying to figure out where my momentum got derailed. I think I got a handle on it now... The good news is, I'm back on the train...

Happy Thursday folks!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Vi-Vi
on 7/18/12 3:25 am
VSG on 12/13/12
  First of all, it's Wednesday!  Lol! So happy you're back on the train!  Sometimes we fall off but the important thing is to wipe ourselves off and jump back on and don't look back!  
You have done amazingly well these past 6 months!  You should be proud!  You're an insentive for ppl like me who are still per-op!
Toni B.
on 7/18/12 3:30 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
OMG, that is so funny... it IS wednesday! I tell ya, with this headache, I don't know if I am coming or going. Lol

Thanks for the support. :)

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/18/12 3:44 am - Windsor, Canada
Happy six months.  I just wrote my own wendy whiner post about 6 years lol...and yes, the super hard on myself - that's totally ME as well.  See the post and you'll understand.

Keep up the great work! 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Toni B.
on 7/18/12 5:07 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Oh Dawn, you had me at "It's not all rainbows and unicorns".

Thank you for writing that post, it was more inspirational to me than you will ever know. 

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/18/12 5:25 am - Windsor, Canada
Funny how, although a huge difference at 6 years and 6 months....we still have things in common.  :-)  Glad you connected with something I said.  Feel free to drop me a line if ever you want to chat about any of those things in the future. 

You know I'll understand :) 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Patm
on 7/18/12 5:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I am almost 6 mths as well. I have lost 80 lbs and have not hit onderland. Between my age and medications I have not lost as fast as other people but this is my journey with my body and try to remind myself it certainly took longer than 6 mths to get to my start weight of 286.
So I hope you head ache improves and you try to give yourself a break.
PS I think we are all hard on ourselves.

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/18/12 1:40 pm - Windsor, Canada
 You are losing quite fast my friend. You're kicking my @ss!  No worries for you :-
Dawn

Toni B.
on 7/19/12 6:54 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Thank you for the support...and yes, the headache has improved today...not gone, but much better than yesterday. :P

Dianadcr
on 7/18/12 5:42 am - Canada
Thanks Toni, I'm six months out as well and like you am not happy with what's been happening to me lately. I appreciate your honesty.nyou give me hope to keep on going and achieve my goals!
Most Active
Recent Topics