Opti is $110/week now with Dr. Sohi

Peggy F.
on 7/18/12 10:52 pm - Whitby, Canada
Just to let everyone know Opti has increased by $10 per week from $100 to $110.  This is at Dr. Sohi's office anyway.  Payment can be credit card (whew!).
TM-Doingitforme
on 7/18/12 11:11 pm - Canada
Thanks Peggy, that helps to know for budgeting. 

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

Hannahmumma03
on 7/18/12 11:32 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
is that at hrrh? i have my meet the surgeon on sept 21st with dr. okrainec at twh. wonder if it'll be that price too? better budget for that just in case! thanks for the info!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Peggy F.
on 7/19/12 12:53 am - Whitby, Canada
Yes, Dr. Sohi works through HRRH.  Not sure if all sites have increased the opti.

Yes....good to know for budgeting purposes.
maryjakedesa
on 7/19/12 5:43 am - Scarborough, Canada
 i just started optifast (week one) and i paid 312.80 for 4 weeks...so that is 78.20 per week and i went thru TWH..it appears a little cheaper at TWH
Patm
on 7/18/12 11:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Probably an increase by the company. It is amazing they charge so much for a really aweful product

Mary A.
on 7/19/12 1:07 am
Fisrt let me say I would NEVER recommend anyone going against their surgeon or doctors guidelines/plan.

What I find kind of odd, is the WIDE spectrum and plans that some bariatric surgeons practice..

(an observation) based on what I have seen on 3 baraiatric boards and
the fact that I have been in this process almost 5 years as I am 3 1/2 years post-op.

My Bariatric Surgeon from the USA...had us on Sugar Free Carnation drink mix....and we all flourished...just blows my mind that surgeons now offer NO alternatives to their patients with financial economics in mind.

My intention is NOT to create a debate on this topic..I just found it...well....odd.

SF Carnation Breakfast drink mix..may not be the best alternative...but I am kind of curious what Dr. Sohl or his practice clinic provide for reasoning on such an expensive meal alternative.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

avivaps
on 7/19/12 3:57 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 They don't advertise but I know there are alternatives. A friend went thru HRRH (as did I) she couldn't have optifast and so was given a low carb high protein diet to follow. 

Andrea

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

gardeninggal
on 7/19/12 1:33 pm, edited 7/19/12 1:33 pm - Midland, Canada
 I just purchased my Opti last week at St. Joe's Hosptial in Toronto from Dr. D. Lindsay who is with HRRH.  I was told to bring $400 cash to the appointment.  I was told to be on the Opti for 21 days and the cost was $300.  I too find it interesting that there is such a price difference between centres and also that as it is available only from a physician and that it does not have a drug DIN number.  On the other hand, we were told upfront at the information session that there were costs involved that were not refundable and this was one of the costs.  I am not quibbling but also think it should be priced equally among the Bariatric Centres.  And by the way if this is what it takes to get me to the 'goal' so be it, just saying.

SweetAndSassyOne
on 7/20/12 5:55 am - Kingston, Canada
I had heard of the diferent prices for the Opti at different clinics as well. I came right out and asked the dietician at TWH why the difference in cost. She told me its because the clinics/Dr's  are making money off the people who are buying it.   TWH doesnt do that hence the cheaper price.

SweetAndSassyOne
"Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels"

Most Active
Recent Topics