newbie to this site

Amanda J.
on 7/27/12 3:37 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
 hello,my name is amanda im 26 years old and from quebec,i am looking for anyone who would be willing to share a recipie for a protein shake,preferebly from someone who has drank it and is actually good,ive tasted some and gaged and so on,i had a gastric sleeve on august 18,2011, and my doc wants me to start drinking protein shakes as i have hair loss and ive hit a plateau and onky moving around by 2-3 pounds,Any help would be grateful,thank you,
JJ_
on 7/27/12 4:02 pm

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum.

I prefer drinking the Premier Protein shakes.  They are only sold in Costco and only in chocolate flavour.  They are a pre-mixed drink.

I usually drink it plain with 4-5 ice cubes.  I have also had it with a cup of decaf coffee (think cafe mocha).  Another way I like it is with a frozen banana and a couple of ice cubes whirled together in a blender....heavenly.

They have 30 grams of protein per shake.

Please, please, please get your protein in.  Hair loss is only one symptom of not enough protein.

How much weight have you lost since surgery?  How much more would you like to lose?

Judy

Amanda J.
on 7/28/12 5:49 am - St-Laurent, Canada
 hey thanks so much for the info,im going to go buy those shakes tomorrow,r they expensive at costco,im going to buy them now,
JJ_
on 7/28/12 6:49 am
 They are about $27. For a case of 18 drinks.  They also sell protein bars but they are near the snacks.

the drinks are located near the pharmacy.

Judy
Btrue2u
on 7/27/12 6:33 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
 Okay I know the store bought stuff can be awful ...Try this 
Raspberry Shake 
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt ...you could use Greek yogurt for more protein
1/2 cup raspberries frozen 
1 cup double milk =1 cup milk with 3tablespoons of powdered milk
a few ice cubes
add sweetener of your choice
blend until smooth
20g of protein more if you are using Greek yogurt
replace with a protein powder and this can up the protein to 45g
You can try with any fruit jus****ch the sugar content in the fruit you choose

Pumpkin protein shake
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup fat free half and half or fat free milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powders
1/4cup of pumpkin puree
sweeten to your taste
1/2teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
6 ice cubes
In a blender mix above until thick and smooth serve with cinnamon on top 
cal 300
protein 35g
fat 5g
sugar 6g

Hope this is helpful you can also drop the protein powder and add skim milk powder instead ...it will be less protein but so long as you are getting it in is what counts  
One more 
Protein bullets 
fat free Greek yogurt 
mix with sugar free jello pudding 
you can add sugar free syrups to taste optional
spoon into ice cube tray freeze and eat 

There are lots of ways to get your protein in I have a great egg drop soup recipe it has
cal116 carbs 2 protein 13gfat 6g 
Just message me if you would like it ...I have others too ....lots of luck Jenn 

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Monica M.
on 7/27/12 8:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hi Amanda. I can't help you with the protein shake.

The hair loss is a response of your body to the surgery. There's nothing you can do to stop it, all you can do is promote regrowth.

sam1am
on 7/27/12 10:35 pm
I mix a little milk with unflavoured protein powder (Bio X Extreme Whey Protein Isolate Natural) and mix it well.  I then add it to my hot coffee and can't taste it.

Welcome to the forum!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 7/28/12 4:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Amanda J.
on 7/28/12 7:10 am - St-Laurent, Canada
 hello
thank you Judy I bought the shakes.do u have 1 a day or do u use it as a meal replacement?
Jenn thank you I would love your recipes,I'll take all th help I can get.
i started at 240 and now I'm 172,and it will be 1 year aug 18th,
i love you all to add me as friends this is a great support site.
and how are the protein bars?better the the shakes I found today 
i also found protein chips!will c how they are this weekend.

JJ_
on 7/28/12 11:09 am
I use them for breakfast when I am in a hurry.  Or on the weekend I take the time to use the blender and make a shake.

I have sometimes used it for lunch, but not often.

The protein bars are not bad either.  Also 30 gr of protein per bar.  If you want, you can have only 1/2 a bar.  There are three flavours of bars in the box.  Double chocolate, Peanut butter and chocolate and Peanut butter yogurt.

Good luck!

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics