Average weight, loss for pouch test

CdnGal
on 7/30/12 7:56 am - Canada
 Does anybody now what the average weight loss is the 5 day pouch test?  in addition, if you could share your experiences with this, please share.  thanks!

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/30/12 9:19 am - Windsor, Canada
 Most people I talk to lose a short-lived 5 lbs.  remember the purpose of the pouch test is supposed to be to decarb, not to lose weight.  You are really just depleting glycogen stores.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

CdnGal
on 7/30/12 10:51 am - Canada
 It is only day 1 and I am already feeling the withdrawal...I think this is a good thing for me!

Cindyloowho
on 7/30/12 10:56 am - London, Canada
 Just a newbie to this what is the 5 day pouch test if you don't mind me asking.
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/30/12 12:02 pm - Windsor, Canada
It's basically a protein only diet for 5 days. Developed by someone who had surgery, not a doctor. Meant to "de-carb" you.  It's not a test of any kind.  It is a way to take out bloat .  Fad diet .   It's something you either love or hate. Most people try it at least once.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Cindyloowho
on 7/30/12 12:04 pm - London, Canada
 Oh okay thank you.........learning alot of new things 
babybuggie
on 7/30/12 12:35 pm - Canada
 I did the five day pouch test and lost about five pounds but I also found it was great for kick starting my weight loss again after a three week plateau.  Just my experience.
Most Active
Recent Topics