How I change the pixel for my avatar?

CdnGal
on 7/31/12 6:42 am - Canada
Hi, somebody else did this for me waaaaaay back when and I would like to to know how to change my avatar picture.  Everytime I try, it comes up that my pictures has too many something or another- suggestions?  or a step by step how to??  Thanks!

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/31/12 8:12 am - Windsor, Canada
 It's too big so you have to use one of those programs like phixr.com or shrinkpictures.com

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

msheavyhearted
on 7/31/12 8:13 am, edited 7/31/12 8:13 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Open Paint program on your computer

Click on Paste clipboard icon

Select “Paste from"

Open folder where your picture is

Click on photo (one click to highlight)

Click on “Open" (You should now see your photo on the Paint clipboard.)

Click on “Resize"

Click on “Pixels"

Type “100" in the box next to “Horizontal" (The vertical will auto fill and won’t necessarily be 100.)

Click “OK" 

Your photo will look like a postage stamp. You need to get rid of the white background. Make it smaller by going to the edge of the paper and hover over the little square halfway down the page. Your mouse should look like a double-sided arrow. Hold your left mouse button down and drag until you reach the edge of your photo. Repeat the steps to reduce the excess “paper" under the photo.

There’s a little square book looking icon with a downward arrow just above the “Paste" clipboard. Click on it.

Select “Save as"

Name and save your photo where you like. Upload to OH.  

I know a lot of people use re-sizing software but I like doing it this way. I know it sounds long but it’s really fast and no need to wait for uploading/downloading to another website. I believe most computers have Paint as one of their default programs. Good luck.  
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 8:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
This is really quick to resize it.

www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Just change the size to 100 and voila it's done in about 1 minute.
Most Active
Recent Topics