Hamilton, slower than I thought!

Sarahs_journey
on 8/23/12 11:51 am - London, Canada
 So, I called the St.jo's barriatric centre yesterday to confirm my Social Worker and Dietician appointments for September 19th.  These are my first appointments since the orientation session in June.  I was referred October 2011.  So, I was hoping that perhaps the surgery could take place in December as I am a student and mother of 4 I could get time off and good family support at that time...so I asked what the chances were that I could have surgery in December.  She said NO CHANCE...  So, I'm kinda bummed out and hoping it'll happen soon any way!  

Question : how long from referral to surgery for you?
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
Chelsea1
on 8/23/12 12:00 pm - Canada
I hear ya. I was referred in June and the orientation for me is in January. I hope you get in when you can. :)

Miss---Determined---13

on 8/23/12 12:35 pm
i will be going through st joes as well..and affter reading several different peoples time lines and wait times and appt times i see no rhyme or reason to the scattered times...it is frustrating im sure everyone wants it done as soon as possible :( fingers crossed and if ever feeling discouraged just come on here it is a world of support and knowledge best of luck
weezie72
on 8/23/12 12:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
tbtilalaf
on 8/23/12 2:03 pm
For me in guelph, I went to oriantation in August 2011 and had surgery July 19, 2012.  For most places it is about a year wait, minium, but they want to make sure you are ready for it.  I slipped through the cracks so to speak, as my referral was in March 2010, I tried for out of country but got denied as OHIP said there is now funding in ontario for it.  Soooo I had to get another referral for Guelph, heard nothing from them for about a year, (I was bothering the doctors office as to what is going on, starting to think I would never get the surgery)  Finally I received a call from Guelph asking if I got the info package yet, I said nope haven't got anything. She was surprised verified my address which was right and than I received the package in the mail a week later.

To make you feel better I heard on the news a while ago that in Newfoundland it is about a 10 Year wait, so we r doing pretty good!

Anyway I am 5 weeks post op now, so it will happen, just got to be patient! (trust me I know it's hard!)
Good Luck on your journey!
Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

robinmarie1959
on 8/23/12 2:33 pm - Canada
 I had my first meeting in june of last year and surgery in dec last year. Maybe there is such a great number of people going thru this now and thats why it is slower

Blu-Diva
on 8/24/12 6:14 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I had mine done at St. Joes,
Had orientation in Nov. of last year and surgery may 7Th
Hope that helps, good luck.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics