I did it!

Toni B.
on 8/25/12 3:56 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
I did it! 

I got over my wishy-washyness and registered for the Run-for-a-Cure here in Sudbury. I am excited and nervous...but I decided the day before this RNY...this gift is not to be wasted!! I promised myself a new life...one that I would live fully and completely...and that means stepping out of my comfort zone sometimes..challenging myself and enjoying the journey...and that is exactly what I am going to do! Yay me! (I grew a pair! Lol)

No more living in the shadows of my previously perceived limitations...I've never felt physically better in my life...so time to get out there and make the most of it!

www.runforthecure.com/site/TR/RunForTheCureFY13/Ontario

Before this surgery I was much more shy...self-concious...hide in the shade, away from the sun...and the fun. I once sat in my living room and watched a parade go past my house...right past my driveway! I didn't want to go outside and socialize with anyone...so I stayed inside and watched the parade. I have never forgotten that day...and how lame I felt. That was last November.

I don't ever want to live life like that again...watching it go by me. Nope...now I want to be in the middle of it... enjoying it... I don't care if I am the last one to finish that 5K run...because just finishing it will be more of an accomplishment than sitting inside, watching life go by!

I'm really starting to enjoy this new version of me... I often refer to myself as Toni 2.0... the better version. Lol

By the way, if anyone reading this is local to Sudbury and wants to join me on this walk/run...let me know... I think it would be fun to share this experience with another WLS person!

Thanks for reading... just HAD to share with people who could understand...

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

macrobug1
on 8/25/12 4:13 pm

Toni B.
on 8/25/12 5:46 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12

ShallowGirl
on 8/25/12 4:26 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
That's inspiring. You have inspired me to commit to the CIBC run for the cure in Toronto in October.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Toni B.
on 8/25/12 5:43 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
That is AWESOME!!!!! Woo HOOO!  WE ARE AWESOME! Go Team WLS!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 4:36 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Good for you! I'll be walking with some friends this year. Maybe next year I'll run it
Julia P.
on 8/25/12 5:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12
Good for you!  I've walked it before, but am looking forward to running it post-surgery!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Toni B.
on 8/25/12 5:48 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Excellent!

Patm
on 8/25/12 5:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I know what you mean. For the last four years I have driven my sone to the ride for MS. This year my husband and I are joining him. Granted he is doing the 50k and we are doing the 30k but it is a start. My parents at 61 were not doing bike runs and exercising so I feel really good about our decision.

Toni B.
on 8/25/12 5:47 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
It's so exciting! Realizing what we are capable of now! Congrats on your decision!

Most Active
Recent Topics