On vacation & need HELP - please!

northernlight
on 9/6/12 1:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Warning - this may be TMI but I really need some advice. I am up north at a cottage and I'm terribly constipated, which never happens to me. I've been constipated since we got here on Saturday & can only go tiny amounts with much straining & discomfort. I take Benefibre every day, eat my Greek yogurt (missed a couple of days), drinking lots of water & I still can't go. It's ruining my vacation because I'm too uncomfortable to do anything, especially go out in the boat, fishing. It even hurts to sit down! Went to the local grocery store in the little town nearby but couldn't find any prunes or prune juice - will orange juice help? I'm so frustrated & this is ruining my vacation.
Please - can anyone give me any suggestions?  I have very limited, sporadic internet access but will be checking back later.  Thanks!
Deb

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/12 1:45 pm - Vaughan, Canada
Please go to a pharmacy and get Milk of Magnesia.  It is gentle and works.  It has definitely helped me in these similar situations.  Good luck!
truckingbride
on 9/6/12 1:49 pm - Harriston , Canada
MOM or Glycerine supps you can by them off the shelf.

tbtilalaf
on 9/6/12 1:51 pm
Yep same as the above MOM I haven't had it myself but I have read a lot of posts that it works.  I hope you feel better soon!

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

NorthernStar
on 9/6/12 2:02 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Get some MOM! You need a little more help than fibre and water can give you. Take it every hour until you go. Don't let it get out of hand!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

momof4beautifulgirls
on 9/6/12 2:12 pm - Canada
Senokot was recommended by my clinic and it worked miracles for me.  Good luck.

Nikkismom
on 9/6/12 2:19 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hey Deb,
TMI ALERT!!!
I REALLY know how you feel! I am 2 weeks post op and needed dynamite but it worked. I took 4 extra strength Exlax laxative pills AND  I gave myself a Fleet enema (hold at least 15 minutes). It took severak hours for Exlax to work, then had cramps and finally joy! Lost 2 pounds.  I always keep them on hand. Now I need to do some proactive stuff.
I know it will be inconvenient but you will need to drive to a town with a phanrmacy. You will then be able to enjoy your holiday.
I feel your pain and wish you luck!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
theadmin1
on 9/6/12 7:32 pm - Belleville , Canada
i noticed your time line is very short... referral in April, surgery in August I think it said.... any advice or those of us who have been waiting to hear from the clinic...? I was told to cal there directly adn ask fi they received my applicaiton or referral from my doctor but I dont want to bug them or tick anyone off.
Patiently...waiting..... :)
Nikkismom
on 9/6/12 7:58 pm - Toronto, Canada
 Well, (sorry, I don't know your name) I think it depends on a number of factors. Location is the biggest, I believe. I went through HRRH and there is a big clinic there. My information got lost for a while and I still went through quickly.
I have a serious health problem, unrelated to my weight, in which I am in remission. They were glad I'd been off steroids for 4 months but truthfully, I'm not sure if thatI got through so quickly. I do make a point of knowing the name of each doctor's secretary and calling them by name when I call. I do think that Debbie, in my surgeon's office, was kind to me. She's the one who assigns the OR dates, once you've jumped through all the hoops; sleep studies, ultrasounds and everything else. Doesn't hurt to be very pleasantly assertive to all the people you encounter. There are always cancellations. I asked permission to call each week to see if there was one. 
No matter what, your time will come up when it's the right time. I used the time to learn, learn, learn as much as I could about my RNY.
Once I got to the hospital, I received outstanding care from everyone....... There was one grumpy nurse on nights but I just avoided her by sleeping  Through the night.
I wish you a great journey. It will come to you when it's the right time for you. In the meantime, just keep on learning!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
CoffeeLady1975
on 9/7/12 12:38 am - Canada
 it only took 6 months from referal to surgery date for me.  I called and emailed the office (same week) and recieved my orientation letter the following week.  Be pro-active-  you're not being rude or pushy by asking -just don't get irate lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics