Birthday

flyingwoman
on 9/7/12 6:20 pm
 I turned 40 today. At 40, I am healthier than I was at 25. How many people can say that?!?!

I had hoped to hit my 200 by 40, but I didn't. I'm holding firm at 224 and not so unhappy at this weight. I'm actually feeling pretty happy about life the universe and everything these days. I went on a clothing splurge this weekend. I felt bad about it at first, because I wondered if I was giving up on the idea of getting down to wonderland and to goal. But It's not. One of the things I realized is that at I am within a size of Onderland - and so the clothes I buy now will be with me for a good long while! I have been feeling for a long time like I'm on the endless journey - and I am - but I am close to the end of the journey in other ways too.:)

I went with daring new feminine styles (that I bought in a regular department store even if it was in extended sizes), bought dresses, got my hair did, treated myself to a mani-pedi, and bought some new makeup to boot. I'm heading out on a trip to NYC tomorrow and I'm going to paint the town!

Today I made myself a birthday trifle. I used a sugar free cake made in a mini bundt pan (made from an NSA pillsbury mix with added protein powder) sliced into thin slices and sprinkled with brandy and port, fresh lovely peaches, pears and berries, sugar free Bird's custard and sugar free raspberry jam all layered together in a wine glass and topped with lite whipped cream. Yummy!

Life is pretty damn awesome.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
ShallowGirl
on 9/7/12 11:42 am, edited 9/7/12 11:43 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

What a great treat !!!    The cake and the day. Enjoy !

Happy birthday!   

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

4-Jane
on 9/7/12 6:49 pm - Canada
 Happy Birthday and have loads of fun on you travels.
 Respectfully Jane
Beth1970
on 9/7/12 7:22 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12
Happy Birthday!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 7:27 pm - Straford, Canada
 Your brthday trifle sounds awesome! As does your attitude toward life!  Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!  This songs for you!

Regards Ian  

www.youtube.com/watch
Kerry F.
on 9/7/12 8:28 pm - Bolton, Canada

Happy Birthday...and welcome to the Club!  It's great to be 40!

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 9/7/12 9:25 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
 Happy birthday to you Mo! I hope You have a fabulous birthday and an awesome trip to NYC. 
Cher

flyingwoman
on 9/8/12 6:23 am
love the new pic! You're looking great!

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
JJ_
on 9/7/12 10:05 pm
Happy Birthday!  Congrats on treating yourself so well.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/12 2:33 am
 Happy birthday! You are going to love NYC and enjoy all the walking while you site see.
You are doing fantastic!
Most Active
Recent Topics