OT: My pout post... Still in so much pain :(

Kerigan
on 9/13/12 8:27 am
 Good morning everyone :)

I hope you all are having a wonderful day so far! It looks beautiful outside, so hopefully some of you are able to be out enjoying the day!

So I'm writing this post to complain lol.. I need to write down my upsets, and maybe it'll help out some. I hope it doesn't come across as being too whiney, but tired, I'm in pain and I'm tired of being in pain lol.. so here goes :)

I made a post the other day about the surgery that I had this past Tuesday to remove a Bartholin's Cyst.. I was in a lot of pain prior to having this surgery, and things moved very quickly, from the development of the cyst Sunday morning to having surgery Tuesday evening. 

I know it's only been a couple of days since the surgery, but I'm still in so much bloody pain :(. I've been confined to my bed since I got home Tuesday night, which is now getting very tiring. I still can't sit down, or sit in any sort of position for that matter. I can only lay on my stomach or back, and even then, the pain is just unreal. The pain meds I have to take don't seem to do much at all for me, which really sucks. Things are still quite swollen down there... I don't think the swelling has gone down much at all since Tuesday night. 

I've just had a hot shower with the hopes that it would make me feel better, but no.. it hasn't. It's just tired me out even more. My legs even feel like I've run a marathon, so going up and down the stairs is taking all of my energy (and I'm not taking the stairs that much).

So there we go. I could go on and on about how I'm feeling, but I'd likely drive you all insane lol. I so wish that I could at least just sit down proper.. it's funny how we take little things like sitting down for granted. It's something I've not thought of before, but when you can't do it, you sure realise fast how great it really is to be able to sit! Maybe when I wake up tomorrow morning, all things that hurt will magically be better, and I can go about my day as normal! Wouldn't that be something...

Anyway, that's my little pout for the day. It's not something I normally do, but I kind of needed to.. it might generate some small talk, which is what I need. I haven't anyone to talk to today, I've been at home alone dealing with the aftermath of surgery since I got home on Tuesday, so it'd be kinda nice to chat with some of you on here :)

If you're all too busy, that's okay too! I hope you all have a great day! :)
twins4meplus1
on 9/13/12 8:38 am - St Thomas, Canada
Sorry to hear you are suffering. I had to Google Bartholin Cyst because I had never heard of it. Hopefully you will get some relief soon. Have you tried warm compresses?

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Kerigan
on 9/13/12 8:41 am
 I'd never heard of it before either Linda lol.. it has to be one of the most horrible things I've ever experienced. The size of the cyst was equivalent to a baseball.. not nice. 

I've not done a warm compress, but I have this thing called a sitz bath, which I sit in with warm water and epsom salts.. so I guess it's kind of like a warm compress. Nothing I do seems to help though :(
mermaidz
on 9/13/12 3:56 pm - Brampton, Canada
(((( Keri))))..big hugs to ya

I had one a few years back but it didn't develop to the degree yours apparently has. The sitz bath is to "bathe" the area with warm water and it will eventually drain away any infection if there was one. Theoretically it's also supposed to be soothing so try to do it as often as possible. Or soak in a bath tub with Epsom salts. Do it as often as you can, luv

The sitz bath is also the same thing they give to Mom's after  birth for their episiotomies

Have you tried Ibuprofen? I don't know if you are pre or post? but if you are able,  Ibuprofen is a wonderful anti inflammatory that might actually ease the discomfort a bit. That and the sitz baths.

I want to ask you a couple of other questions but I'll contact you privately because they are .. private.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Kerigan
on 9/13/12 7:08 pm
 I've been doing the sitz bath as often as I remember.. I'll do one before I go to bed tonight. It does feel nice and it doesn't feel nice at the same time. Or maybe I'll have a bath instead for a change.. it might relax me a bit. I am also taking antibiotics, so hopefully that'll stop any possible infection that trys to come along. 

I haven't tried ibuprofen, as I am post op, so sticking with the meds they've given me - tylenol 2 with codeine for the pain from surgery, and I'm taking lyrica and morphine for the chronic back pain I have. All those meds combined don't really seem to do much, so I'll just suffer I guess lol. 

I'll reply to your message soon :) thanks for the helpful tips!
Karen M.
on 9/13/12 7:11 pm, edited 9/13/12 12:12 am - Mississauga, Canada
Sitz bath is what is recommended. Full bath may contribute to overall infection?? No idea. Do what you're comfortable with.

By the way, I have had this on a very small scale. I had NO IDEA what it was - I am so grateful that you posted about it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kerigan
on 9/13/12 7:19 pm
 Really? Is the full bath idea not something I should do then? I don't want to jeopardise anything... The sitz bath is easier to do, so maybe I should just stick with that then. 

I need all the help I can get lol.. I didn't even know such a thing existed until Monday afternoon in the ER, so I'm quite daft when it comes to this topic. I really appreciate all the advice everyone has!
Karen M.
on 9/13/12 7:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada
It just seems to me that a full bath would be "dirtier" ???? than a full bath.  Just me I'm sure, I'm a germ-a- phobe. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kerigan
on 9/13/12 7:33 pm
 lol I see your point, and I would have to agree with it.. hadn't thought of it being a problem for this though, however my brain isn't working too well at the moment :P that's why I need all of you on here to keep me on the right track!

I do think I'll do the sitz bath tonight :)
Hanneli xoxo
on 9/13/12 4:20 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 I just googled it as well.  eeeeek!!! I wish you well and hope it heals soon! oh my your poor girly bits!

Most Active
Recent Topics