NSV Baking Business Back up and Running

Heidi S.
on 9/19/12 2:28 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 I was giving second thoughts to starting my home baking business abck up until yesterday when a good customer called to see if I was back baking again. She wanted 4 dozen homemade peanut butter cups for her bosses birthday for Friday morning, I really thought about it while we were on the phone and I gave in. That's all it took and word got out I got so many orders yesterday. Been baking up a storm all day and for the rest of the week. I'm just so proud that I can handle all the baking without sampling it.... even the new items people requested. I ust had to share how proud I am for not licking my fingers lol

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ToNewBeginnings
on 9/19/12 2:38 pm
How nice!
-You've got strength. I would have sampled!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/12 2:42 pm - barrie, Canada
WTG  you should be very proud of yourself, nothing feels better than realizing how strong you truly are.
dna
on 9/19/12 2:58 pm - Canada
Good for you and congrats on what sounds like a pretty successful business

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

truckingbride
on 9/19/12 3:53 pm - Harriston , Canada
Hey good for you, wish you were closer I need some gluten and dairy free cupcakes for my daughters birthday party--little darlings with allergies

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/12 4:51 pm - Straford, Canada
 have some wonderful gf recipes, cake and muffins if you want.  wife is very sensitive to gluten and daughter has to limit gluten, been trying different hockey puch recipes for years!  LOL
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/12 5:11 pm, edited 9/18/12 10:12 pm - Guelph, Canada
Hey Ian I hope you don't mind sharing with me too.. My daughter in lay has gluten issues too.. Thanks bunches
gardeninggal
on 9/19/12 5:12 pm - Midland, Canada
 Really Ian!! is there no end to your wonderful talents.....

p.s. you wife and daughter are very, very fortunate me thinks!

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/12 5:33 pm - Straford, Canada
 This is a recipe from allrecipes I modified to take out the dairy;  
  • 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
  • 3/4 cup tapioca flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 2/3 cup nayonnaise
  • 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
  • 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
  2. Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.
  3. Mix the eggs, sugar, and Nayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, soy milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.

mermaidz
on 9/20/12 3:02 pm - Brampton, Canada
On September 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM Pacific Time, Ian S. wrote:
 This is a recipe from allrecipes I modified to take out the dairy;  
  • 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
  • 3/4 cup tapioca flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 2/3 cup nayonnaise
  • 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
  • 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
  2. Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.
  3. Mix the eggs, sugar, and Nayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, soy milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.

Ian can the sugar be substituted?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics