32 Days out of Surgery and Frustrated

Heidi S.
on 10/1/12 8:53 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 I'm folowing the book and all order to a T but I have only lost 16 pounds since my Surgery August 29, did anyone else lose this slow. I just keep think I'm doing something wrong. I have a food journal going and doing it all from the sample menus I was given. I'm getting in 80 or more grams of protein a day and 30 or more minutes of straight exercise per day ( usually get a lot more in). I'm just so frustated. I feel like this wasn't worth it and not loving my  RNY at the moment. 

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 8:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
When was the last time you lost 16 pounds in a month?  That is not slow at all.  You are a lightweight and that is a huge percentage of your excess weight.  Stop obsessing and just breathe.
Heidi S.
on 10/1/12 9:00 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Thanks Tracey .... I think I needed to hear that from someone on hear. My hubby keeps telling me and telling me about all the inches I have lost but I think most of the time he's out of  his mind lol

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

mermaidz
on 10/1/12 9:06 am - Brampton, Canada
Throw scale in garbage! Now! Before you do anything else.

It is not your friend. It is your enemy. See how frustrated you become? Try concentrating on how healthy you are starting to feel. or the inches you don't think you are losing but you are.

You are doing wonderfully!.

Throw scale in garbage-it is the enemy.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Heidi S.
on 10/1/12 9:19 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 I think you're right about the scale lol

mermaidz
on 10/1/12 9:07 am - Brampton, Canada
On October 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, Tracey 112205 wrote:
When was the last time you lost 16 pounds in a month?  That is not slow at all.  You are a lightweight and that is a huge percentage of your excess weight.  Stop obsessing and just breathe.
Hey Tracey... "lightweight" meaning low amount of weight to lose?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 9:12 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Yes usually a lightweight is someone with about 100 lbs to lose.  She wants to lose 101 and has lost 23 so she is almost 1/4 of the way there after 32 days so it's time to quit thinking she isn't doing well because she is.
Karen M.
on 10/1/12 4:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Exactly my thoughts.

Heidi. seriously. what is the rush?  Good heavens, you've been waiting for so long for this to actually happen, why be impatient now?  Have a little faith.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Niki L.
on 10/1/12 9:06 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
16 lbs is a great loss just keep doing what you are doing the rest will come off

Heidi S.
on 10/1/12 9:20 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Thanks Niki

Most Active
Recent Topics