MEDS FOR OSTEO AFTER GASTRIC BYPASS

robinlloyd2008yahoo.
ca

on 10/22/12 11:31 am - sarnia, ON

HI I HAVE NOT BEEN ON IN ALMOST 2 YRS SINCE MY SURGERY  I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE  OSTEO
 THE MEDS  FROM THE DOCTOR I BEEN READING ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS
THE PILLS SAY MAJOR STOMACH PROBLEMS AND THE NEEDLE SAYS
NO GOOD FOR SOMEONE WITH A MALABSPORTION PROBLEM

IVE ASKED MY  FAMILY DOCTOR ,DOES NOT KNOW I CALLED DOC STAR AND THEY SAID TALK TO THE NURSE AT THE BARATRIC CENTER STILL WAITING FOR HER TO CALL ME
AM WORRIED  I AM ONLY 51 AND AM IN AT LOT OF PAIN WITH MY BACK AND SHOULDERS 

OPEN TO ANY IDEA FROM DOCTOR OR NATURAL
THANKS ROBIN

OKNEE FE + 3
on 10/22/12 12:24 pm
I worked on Phase four and then NOC application for a drug called Aclasta by the manufacturer Orencia, I cannot remeber any cantraindication for malabsorption syndrome.  The person you really need to ask though is an endocrinologist.

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

robinlloyd2008yahoo.
ca

on 10/22/12 9:20 pm - sarnia, ON
thanks for the reply i will look up that orencia today  now is that for osteoporosis thanks robin
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/12 7:55 pm - Straford, Canada
what exactly was your gastric bypass? sleeve or RNY (or other)?  every day there are posts about nsaids and the fact they can't be used by RNY folks.  What exactly is in "the needle"?  

Over the years massage and acupuncture have both helped with musculoskeletal pain I have had. I prefer the massage but the acupuncture does a better job of pain relief for me.  You also have physiotherapy, chiropractic and naturapathic avenues for pain relief.  If you have work insurance most of these items can be covered on work medical insurance plans subject to limits.

Do you sit at a desk all day or do you have a physical job?  Sitting at a desk leads to several ergonomic solutions from the height and type of chair to the height and support your keyboard is at. There are tons of companies that can help there.  Physical jobs can seek the help from an occupational therapist to see if repetative/taxing jobs can be done differently or can tools be provided to assist with whats causing the pain.  

Nanato2
on 10/22/12 9:09 pm, edited 10/22/12 9:10 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13
I am 53 and have just been diagnoised with osteoarthritis and ostephytes. I am in constant pai, my doctor referred me to physio and it helps plus she gave me some excersises to do. I put heat on the area and use Tylenol arthritis pills for the pain which helps. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

mermaidz
on 10/23/12 12:09 am - Brampton, Canada
and what is the nurse at the bariatric centre supposed to do? tylenol doesn't do squat for my oa. Nor does physio or acupuncture.

Ibuprofen did.

This should be a MAJOR wake up call to OHIP that pts who have these kinds of diseases require sleeves...NOT RnY's.

This is a hot spot for  me..

Hope something works for you.. I CAN relate to the pain

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics