Got my referral

Melissa.M
on 10/31/12 6:32 am - Canada

Finally!

I posted here last month about how my doctor wouldn't give me a referral because she found it too drastic. Then, a clinic I went to wouldn't give me a referral because he said he wouldn't be able to provide follow-up care (didn't need to, duh). A 2nd clinic looked at me like I had an extra head instead of an extra 150 lbs when I asked for a referral.

I went back in to see my physician today and demanded a referral,. She said she researched it and discovered I could go online and refer myself. *Sigh*  Anyway, I came prepared with printouts from the registry, walked her through the referral process and she agreed to get the referral in ASAP. So, YAY!

I will definitely be following up with her office AND the registry in a couple of weeks to make sure the referral did indeed go in. I`m not too impressed with her competency so far, so we`ll see... LOL

Niki L.
on 10/31/12 6:43 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Great news

Patm
on 10/31/12 7:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. At least she researched it. This may help her to get moving

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 7:16 am - Straford, Canada

good to hear your advocating for your desire to have wls!  Hope it lands soon and your journey continues!  

sam1am
on 10/31/12 8:12 am

Great news!  Sorry you had such a hassle!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Happysmile
on 10/31/12 9:11 am

I also had to educate my doctor on the Ontario Bariatric Registry. The process, supports, etc.
He after wards thanked me for my knowledge and support in educating him.
Happysmile

Onward and
Downward

on 10/31/12 9:18 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good for you!

I wouldn't wait two weeks.  I would call her back after two or three days to see if she sent it in.  And if not, I'd be calling her back every day or two after that until she finally does it for real.  You've waited long enough. 

Congrats on standing your ground and getting your referral!  I had to push hard for mine too.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

michellealana
on 11/1/12 11:41 am

I agree too. I had such issues with my doctors office not knowing the process,  and even when they did know it- they neglected to do it for two months until I threatened to go to the Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons.

I wish now that I am two months behind in the process, that I had of called every couple of days. They may be all over it, but just let them know how important this is to you and that you really just need to keep on top of it.

:) Good for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics