Posting from Montreal. This forum is so much more active!

Lindsay A.
on 11/1/12 4:26 am - vaudreuil, Canada

SO... I am 3 weeks out of surgery. I have lost a total of 30 lbs.. including the Opti 2 weeks.. :( 

I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks! :( sad face again.. 

I am eating well... I think

BREAKFAST- Poached egg, toast no crust  

SNACK- greek yogart

LUNCH- Turkey breast chopped with light mayo and pepper,, maybe 2 melba toasts.. 

SNACK- Juice

DINNER- Turkey with mayo and pepper again..

SNACK- Protein shake.. 

I've joined the gym.. I walk at least 20 mins a day.. the days I don't walk I do lots and lots of house work... Reorganized my kitchen. cleaned out my walk in closet, mopped all the floors.. 

Tell me this is normal.. cause really this sucks! 

Patm
on 11/1/12 4:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

This is normal and yes it sucks. It will start again. Sometimes jus****er retention. Welcome to the forum. You will hear from others shortly. Most of us were not on solids on the third week. Glad you can tolerate them

Julia P.
on 11/1/12 4:36 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Welcome!  The Ontario forum is really great - there are a few other posters from Montreal on the board, too! 

I'm just over 2 weeks out, and your daily menu pretty close to mine.  I'm also walking a lot. I've lost a total of 30 lbs, too, and just broke out of a stall I was having for almost a week.  I've read a lot about stalls at 2-3 weeks post-op - it's basically our bodies saying "WTF did you do to me?". 

The only suggestions have are:

- Try to sneak in a bit more protein.  I'm having 2 protein shakes a day that are 30 grams each, and then also putting unflavoured protein powder in wherever I can stomach it (cream soups and greek yogurt are both good places to hide it).  

- Replace your juice with either water or a protein drink.  My centre doesn't recommend juice once past the clear fluids stage (so basically when I left the hospital, I stopped drinking it).

Otherwise, I think you just need to keep doing what you're doing, and you'll break through soon!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Monica M.
on 11/1/12 4:43 am, edited 11/1/12 4:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Normal - yes

level of suckitude - high.

that happens. your body is in a "holy crap" stage, and trying to hold on to all its got. Losing weight goes against evolutionary instincts.

and we like you no matter where you're from, we're a pretty ok group!

MarkES
on 11/1/12 7:21 am - Oshawa, Canada
suckitude ... hahaha

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Lindsay A.
on 11/1/12 4:43 am - vaudreuil, Canada

Thanks for the quick replys!! fantastic!!

as for sneaking in protein.. IE beneprotein.. that stuff isn't made for human consumption!! Its so disgusting! I've tried it in everything.. reallllly not good!! 

I do shakes.. well I try to do shakes.. the one I have is 25g per scoop, I add it to milk and I bought online P2B (yum!) and a splash of chocolate tornai SF syrup much like a reses pieces peanut butter cup ... perhaps I should be doing 2 a day.. right now.. I try and do 1.. but i'm lazy i guess.. time to kick my butt into gear!! :)

Julia P.
on 11/1/12 4:48 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Yes, I've heard bad things about beneprotein!  I have this powder and it's not too bad (natural, not flavoured):

http://www.vitamart.ca/bio-x-power-whey-isolate-natural.html

I think you can also go to GNC or other nutrition stores, to try some of their powders out before buying.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Lindsay A.
on 11/1/12 4:52 am - vaudreuil, Canada

Ill check them out!!

this is the one I am using.. it taste pretty awesome! I get it at costco for 30$

http://www.leanfit.com/whey-protein-shake/

tbtilalaf
on 11/1/12 5:30 am, edited 11/1/12 5:30 am

Bonjour! (I know very little French unfortunately wish i knew or could remember more from public school!) Anyway, it is very normal, and welcome!  I stalled for 4 weeks hovering in between 261 - 263 the whole time....sucks!  But the scale will move again, have you measured your waist and other places?  Because it is possible that those areas are getting smaller without the scale going down.  I had surgery on July 19th and have so far lost 71 pounds starting weight before opti, 306 now 235, I do Yoga and strength exercises (Wii fit, highly recommend it!) and the treadmill, I try for every other day or more.  Don't worry it WILL more again!!! Good luck! 

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

sleevelena
on 11/1/12 5:34 am
VSG on 10/16/12

I know what you mean about the beneprotein...I'm kicking myself that I bought 2 cans.  I don't want to waste them so I'm going to see if I can find a smoothie that I like.  I have PB2 as well, so I'm thinking that with milk and sugar free chocolate syrup would be ok.  Maybe half a banana too...i'm going to search out some recipes.

Good luck.  I'm sure you'll work your way out of the stall - don't get discouraged.  It's hard though - I know I will be bummed when that happens to me too, as I'm sure it will.  Especially since I weigh myself everyday - (not a good habit I know)!

Take care,

Elena

Most Active
Recent Topics