I Had A Dream...

Melissa.M
on 11/13/12 11:31 pm - Canada
So I had my 1st WLS dream. I was on a gurney, just about to go into the operating room. They had given me something to calm me down because I was really nervous. So I was just lying on the gurney, kind of loopy. All of a sudden I shouted, "What about Oprah? Why hasn't Oprah had WLS? She's struggled with her weight for years and she can afford be it so why hasn't she done it? There must be something wrong with it!" And I refused to go through with it, no matter how much the doctor or nurses tried to convince me. LOL

Feel free to share some of your crazy dreams...
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/12 11:47 pm - Straford, Canada

ah the age old question, what would Oprah do?!  

I don't have any dreams that wouldn't get me in trouble here, but I do have a story about Oprah.  My daughter has always been uber scared of needles.  When folks ask if she has a tattoo yet I just smile and ask if they've met her yet.  If they come up with a needle less tattoo she might do it.  When she was young she really wanted her ears pierced. My wife took her twice, as soon as the needle came out she was gone like a shot.  Then guess what? Oprah got her ears pierced on her show.  Well if Oprah could do it so could my daughter!  She went out the next day and got them done.  kiss

Monica M.
on 11/14/12 2:41 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

lol... i hardly ever remember my dreams... why hasn't oprah done it? hmmm...makes you wonder, eh?

msheavyhearted
on 11/14/12 6:39 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

My guess is that Oprah hasn't done it for the very same reason others don't do it:

Having surgery is "cheating". It's MUCH better to try and fail at a multitude of diets than it is to admit you need surgical help to give yourself a fighting chance.

... or perhaps the medical insurance companies in the US pay her NOT to have the surgery. I imagine they'd have a large influx of people demanding the surgery if Oprah did it.

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Most Active
Recent Topics