3 weeks out.. and the SCALE WONT MOVE!!

Lindsay A.
on 11/9/12 11:24 am - vaudreuil, Canada

Seriously I am kinda getting upset! everytime i step onto the scale it dosen't move! I was operated on October 18th,2012 VGS

So here's what I've been eating. 

Breakfast. - 1 slice white toast, with whipped peanut butter

lunch. - I made some Quinoa bites (from the egg face site) Bascally quinoa,eggs,feta,onions,peas

supper- Turkey, sweet potatoes, peas

snacks where.. greek yogurt,melba toast with the laughing cow

basically most days my menus looks like this

Protien 60-90mg

Fat 20-30g

carbs 700-900 

fiber 6-10g

I work out at least 3 days a week at the gym… treadmill,, weights.. 

so really.. WHAT GIVES!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 11:38 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

It is called the 3 week stall, if you type it into the search box you will come up with lots of example of it.

Just relax and wait for it to pass.

Lindsay A.
on 11/9/12 11:41 am - vaudreuil, Canada

Yes.. but I have been stalled FOR 3 weeks... 

Donna E.
on 11/10/12 2:05 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

My 3 week stall lasted 6 WEEKS!!!!  I was so frustrated, and discouraged but it passed and I am losing again.  Good Luck.

mermaidz
on 11/9/12 11:51 am - Brampton, Canada

There are different theories as to how you might "shake" a stall. One is to increase your caloric intake. Two: decrease caloric intake (Apparently your body gets bored with the same ole same ole)

but the best solution I have seen for really and truly breaking a "stall"

THROW OUT THE SCALES!enlightened

every time you get ON the scales, you get upset. Why? Because the numbers aren't changing. If you love yourself, and I'm betting you do, then STOP doing that to yourself.

Seriously. If you didn't weigh yourself 700 times a week you wouldn't know the difference, would you? huh? huh?

that's my advice

signed,

doesn't own a scale and still has no clue *(how much I've lost)

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

cutekatie
on 11/9/12 10:26 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

Sorry to hijack the scale but I love your advice. Thank you :) (not that I am listening to your advice as I keep weighing myself every day).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

time2changeme
on 11/9/12 11:56 am

I am almost 3 weeks post-op I had a VSG as well.  It was recommended to not weigh yourself for the first month 

as it often doesn't change or changes in leaps and bounds.  Since I do not have a scale I am waiting for my one month

appt.  Maybe you have lost inches?  Do you notice a difference in how your clothing fits?  Do you feel that you have more energy then you used to?  I would take all these things into consideration.  I know you want to see some numbers, but it will come!

Wishing you all the best, Hang in there!

ShallowGirl
on 11/9/12 12:10 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Weigh yourself only once a week and concentrate on getting the lifestyle down.  Stay active and keep the faith.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 7:08 pm - Straford, Canada

I like the throw the scale out post but since you're unlikely to do that go to the search engine here and search Kick the Carbs or the pouch test and you'll see a diet Karen and Monica and others follow from time to time to ramp up their weight loss, get back on track or whatever they call it.  Give it a try, it has had very few fatalities!  (jk)

mermaidz
on 11/10/12 12:44 am - Brampton, Canada
On November 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM Pacific Time, Ian S. wrote:

I like the throw the scale out post but since you're unlikely to do that go to the search engine here and search Kick the Carbs or the pouch test and you'll see a diet Karen and Monica and others follow from time to time to ramp up their weight loss, get back on track or whatever they call it.  Give it a try, it has had very few fatalities!  (jk)

Ian... You know I the very words that you type. *snorts and giggles*

But when I count on my fingers and toes, (and my cat's paws cuz I ran out of digits) the poor gal is only 13 days post op.

Now I could be wrong but I'm betting that the "V.O.W.'s" (Vets of Wisdom) Karen and Monica might think.. maybe.. kinda.. that it could be a bit early.. a tad.. ,, just a smidgen to be doing that.

Don't ya just love pain pills?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics