Protein Latte Recipe

Natasha B.
on 11/11/12 9:19 am - North Bay, Canada

Just wanted to share my protein latte recipe that I drink on a daily basis (often TWICE) !!! 

Brew your coffee (I use my Keurig and brew a dark roast) into a large mug. 

In your magic bullet add 1/4 cup of your whey protien isolate (I get mine from the bulk barn) add 1 cup of milk or heavy cream (I use 2% as a treat I use 18% (DS over here) ) add an ounce of sugar free torani or divinci syrup of your choice (I use caramel, English toffee, or hazelnut) Put in the flat blade and blend well. 

Put your cup un the mirco for 45 seconds and taaa daaa instant foam! 

Add it to your coffee and enjoy!! I sprinkle cinnamon or coca on top. 

You can make tea lattes this way too! I make a Chia version too  

Try it out and let me know what you think!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/12 9:31 am - Straford, Canada

Thanks Natasha!  I'm wondering how the frothier on my cappuccino maker would work with soy milk and protein powder?  Is the whey you use unflavoured?  Appreciate the post, will try tomorrow!  Thanks! 

Natasha B.
on 11/11/12 10:09 am - North Bay, Canada
It should work no problem! Starbucks makes soy lattes Yes I use the unflavoured whey protein from the bulk barn. I have used flavored in the pass , it taste good, but I like to change it up eith SF syrups

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/12 11:06 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I am going to try it tomorrow. Sounds yummy

macrobug1
on 11/11/12 12:38 pm

I have been making this with chocolate whey protein powder and adding cinnamon dolce SF syrup and cinnamon on top.  Yum!  Haven't tried it yet post op. 

dna
on 11/11/12 7:52 pm - Canada

Sounds delish !  I am going to try it today.  I am tired of paying over 5 bucks at SB 's for a latte :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

ValleyGirl63
on 11/12/12 1:16 am

I just made it.  Thank-you. It tastes very good.  I cannnot seem to find a protein shake that I like.  This will work perfect.

niceeyes72
on 11/12/12 1:29 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

This is great!! Thanks for sharing! Maybe you could also post in the recipes forum too!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics